Chapter 13

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of sexual assault and abuse

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of sexual assault and abuse. Please read with caution.

Harry sighs quietly as he listens to the meeting in the office under the club, bored out of his mind. The table stretched on for what seemed like miles full with men in every shape, color, and size.

He missed Eveleigh and had barely been able to talk to her today since they were both at work. He quickly checks his phone under the table and smiles when he notices she should be at home by now. He sends her a quick text.

My Little Kitten: Get home safe, love? Want me to bring home dinner after training? x

He places his phone back in his pocket, hoping no one saw that. His prayers aren't answered because when he looks up, he immediately sees Louis making a whipping motion at him with a giant smirk. Harry rolls his eyes as he continues listening to the random ideas for the club the men were throwing out.

"I'm telling you, raise the prices of entrance! We are letting people in way to cheap nowadays! Even the alcohol is dirt cheap!" One man pipes up, making Harry rolls his eyes.

"We make the alcohol cheap so people get drunk off their asses easier. We let them in cheap so they can bid more money. More money plus drunk idiots equals a bigger bidding for you to win and a bigger check for you at the end of the week. You want to complain? Go to McDonald's down the street. I'm sure they'll listen to your complaints. Or shut up, stay here, keep making money, and I'll just wipe my arse with your stupid opinions," Harry says casually with a hint of seriousness in his tone that shuts the man up quickly.

Several minutes goes by and Harry's phone never vibrates or signals that Eveleigh had texted back. That worries him as his girlfriend always immediately texts back in the first five minutes, never later.

Was she dead in a ditch somewhere?

Did she get kidnapped on her way home?

Was there a massive pesticide leak at work and she was dead beside her beloved rose bushes?

Did her clumsy self trip and take a fall down a man hole?

Harry's heart begins to pound with worry as many terrifying scenarios appear in his mind. But just as he goes to stand to call her, he hears a familiar voice outside the door.

"W-where's Harry? I n-need him!" He hears tiny Eveleigh outside the door near tears, sending him into a panic. "Miss! Miss, you can't go in there!" He hears as the door bursts open, showing a distraught Eveleigh with tears streaming down her precious face.

Everyone in the room freezes as they turn their head to the small, weepy, fragile, yet adorable girl at the door. She pouts, walking into the room slowly and starts looking for Harry, who was so shocked that he just stares wide eyed from across the room.