Chapter 34

"No heroes, villains one to blame While wilted roses fill the stage And the thrill, the thrill is gone

While wilted roses fill the stage
And the thrill, the thrill is gone

Our debut was a masterpiece
But in the end for you and me
Oh the show, it can't go on

We used to have it all
But now's our curtain call
So hold for the applause, oh
And wave out to the crowd
And take our final bow
Oh it's our turn to go

But at least we stole the show."

Eveleigh's POV

Eveleigh's POV

"Goodness gracious," I mumble as I shield myself and my piece of paper from the pouring rain and type in the number Will told me to call. The phone rings twice before a lady answers.

"Central Park's Boxing, this is Carol, how may I help you today?" My mind was so fuzzy that I barely register what she says.

"U-uh, yes, may I please speak to... Um," I look down at my paper to remember the name and make sure I'm pronouncing it correctly. "K-Konstantin, please? It's an emergency," I stutter as I feel my bones beginning to freeze from how cold it was and how the rain was soaking me to the core. I really shouldn't be out in this weather in my condition, but this.l was the only pay phone.

"Oh.. Konstantin? Haven't heard that request in a while. Please hold," I nod, even though she can't see me and wait patiently as I wrap my coat around me closer.

Soon, a man with a deep, familiar Russian accent picks up and my breath is taken away. "Ah, Eveleigh, why did I know you'd call?" Will laughs a little before he coughs harshly. He lung cancer was really catching up with him. Probably because he still smokes a pack a day anyway.

"Will?" I ask in confusion, but soon realizing what is happening. "You're Konstantin?"

"My old name in the motherland. Not important to this phone call. Now I only told you to call this number of there's an emergency or you need something so what is wrong, Miss. DeLuca? I'm a very busy man," Will speaks nonchalantly as my eyebrows furrow and I try to shake off the new information.