Beta Tester Trap

Disclaimer: I don't own Swords Art Online or any of their characters. Not my art originally. Edited to fit my story. Pics throughout my story are also not mine, but used to help visualize characters or events.

This story takes place during the Alicization Arc. I wasn't able to read it and came up with my story to satisfy my own curiosity. (Trigger Warning: Violence)

___________________________________

Kazuto(Kirito) was in college. He was learning about VR programing and current Augmented Reality studies. He was the top of his class and used a lot of what he learned to slowly step by step, bring Yui to the real world.

Today there was a guest, who arrived at his class. "Hello students. I am Yokamasa Kiro and I am here to give three lucky students, the privilege to work on the final touches on a new system, we will be releasing in the next couple months. We are very proud of it's development. Although its games will be compatible with the AmuSphere, we are hoping that this revolutionary equipment, will break down the walls of reality and bring us one more step closer to Augmented Reality. I have decided to select the top students from the various schools and we seem to have three of them in this class alone. Eugeo, Alice and Kazuto."

Kazuto's eyes lit up. He was going to have the chance to work on an official new piece of technology. He was surprised that Eugeo and Alice were chosen as well. They didn't seem as invested in the courses. But what did he know? He spent his free time in ALO with Yui, Asuna and his friends.

The three students stood up and made their way to the front of the classroom. They were handed new and improved looking models for the VRMMO Tech. They took their seats again.

Kazuto couldn't help but think about it, through the rest of the class. This was an honour. This was experience that fell beyond his beta testing experience. He was going to be working with the team creating it. He was going to play this new game, everyone has been looking forward to, since it had been announced. There were supposed to be more interactive features, the game was supposed to engage people in a new way, with many different fighting styles. This world was supposed to be really expansive. They had been trying to bring back a full level immersible world. One that was going to be on levels that hopefully could exceed SAO. There was also a new feature that the game developers wanted to keep as a surprise. His mind was blown.

Class finally came to an end and he made his way to the courtyard on school campus. He held the piece of tech so close, like he was hiding a weapon. He pulled out his phone. He couldn't contain his excitement. He started to type a message to Asuna. The text read, 'I have some exciting news, meet me at the usual spot at lunch.' He clicked send and looked up to see Eugeo and Alice approach him.

"We are going to take a look. You want to come. I can't wait any longer!" Eugeo burst in enthusiasm as he approached Kazuto in the other side of the courtyard.