What Have They Done With Kirito?

A couple of months passed and there had been a new set of games released to the market. No new device for running them though. After the students' disappearances, the device was rejected till the case could be solved.

They all met at the Dicey Cafe. There had still been no sign of the police getting any closer to finding the victims and there has been no news on Kirito in game either. Not up until now, at least.

"Anything yet, Agil?" Asuna asked halfheartedly.

"I have been reading on the forums and this came up today." Agil turned his computer screen in their direction.

"Underworld? What kind of game is that?" Asada asked.

"It appears to be the first game to rival SAO and ALO. But it was meant for the new gear that was supposed to come out. Because the equipment was rejected, they had to downgrade it to be fully operable for the AmuSphere. Apparently, it has got all its adoring fans disappointed. They have been talking about producing them illegally, because the full version is still accessible to the new full dive tech. They made it that way, so when the new tech would be approved, it wouldn't require any conversion delays." Agil informed them of what he had found out, on his own time.

"This new tech, what is so special about it?" Klein asked curiously.

"All I know it will blow your mind. Every feature in the game, will feel like it is real. It is going to make you feel like you are not just there in mind, but in body. Reactions and attacks will be directly linked to your own abilities and skills. You can do anything in game, that you could physically do IRL." Agil explained. "That's all I know."

"So what does this have to do with Kazuto?" Asuna brought the conversation back.

"I have been reading these forums and this stood out." Agil pointed to a headline.

Asuna read out loud, what was typed below it.

"I was in so much trouble, but you'll never guess what happened. This monster came in for a final blow and none other than Kirito came in and destroyed it. I thought I was a goner. I have to know what level he is. Who fights like that? I had heard about the black swordsman from SAO, he was a psycho killer! I bet he still has all those skills and stats. How else can he be so strong. It's almost unfair..."

She didn't want to read anymore, for she was now certain they were talking about Kazuto. "He's in UnderWorld! I need to transfer my account. I am going to find him!"

"We are going to find him together!" Suguha stood up abruptly.

Klein gave a thumbs up.

The others looked at each other. "Let's get him!" They almost cheered.

They went out, bought the game and went home to get ready to log on.

"I am coming for you, Kirito." Asuna lay down and placed the new game into her AmuSphere and placed the rig over her head. "Link start!"

_______________________________

She opened her eyes and gazed upon a beautiful landscape. The birds whistled in the trees and she could feel the gentle wind on her face. The sun was really warm. She was confused that there had been no screen asking her if she wanted to transfer or start a new account. 'That is why Kirito never told me, he was transferring his account. He wasn't given a choice.' Asuna looked at her level. 'I start at 106. A leveling system? Skills and stats are still all there but how did I get my level and so high too?'

"Asuna? Is that you?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Sinon? That avatar? Did you make it? It doesn't look anything like your ALO avatar."