The Fallback

Asuna and Klein had joined up with everyone, including Kazuto and Suguha.

"Whoa! That armour IS AWESOME!" Klein wanted to say that for a while, but never had the right opportunity. "Where did you get it? More importantly, where can I get me, one of these?"

"It was custom made. I doubt that Kazuli would have it made for you." Kazuto retorted.

"Think you're strong enough to wield those things? They look heavy." Rika remarked.

"I might need a little more time to build up some muscle, but I am sure it will be fine."

"Are you planning to kill with those?" Asada asked, knowing how much taking life, pained him.

"No. I intend to over power them. I have done enough killing..." He was tempted to self loathe again, because he still hated taking those lives.

"You won't have to kill anyone. Don't worry about it." Keiko tried her best to encourage him.

"Thanks, Keiko. I appreciate it." Kazuto's smiled returned.

"Looks like everyone is here!" Vari smiled. "Tarien has given me the list and positions of today's RWOs. The question is now... how do we disable them? Any ideas, Kazuto?"

Kazuto shouldn't be a bit surprised to be singled out by Vari, anymore, but shook if off. "I might have an idea, if they are what I think."

"What do you mean? What are they?" The others stared at him, quizzically.

"I believe that they infect computers with a destruct sequence and then that can cause a chain reaction, similar to a bomb. Only no one would suspect it." Kazuto explained.

"How is that even..."

"A good hacker could do it." Kazuto added. "I think the best way to prevent it, would be to cut the power of the building. Getting into hacking wars, could lead to serious problems. It would compromise Rosalia too." Kazuto turned to Asuna. "Did you inform the commander?"

"There is a problem... Kazuto... The commander and the others... well... I don't even know what to even call it."

Kazuto froze. "Can you please try?"

"They... I don't know... were acting very suspicious... Like the game is reality to them, like the real world doesn't even exist anymore." Asuna continued.

Rika nearly choked. "No way... Then Rosalia was right. What do we do now? Fight the company that's behind this, on our own?"

Asada approached Rika. "We can do it."

"What's the plan, Kazuto?" Vari chose to psyche herself up.

"I don't like the idea, but if we split up, we can cover more ground. Sugu, find mom, okay!" Kazuto turned back to the others, placing a gentle hand on Sugu's shoulder.

Klein's face went dark. "What about Griselda? I need to make sure she is okay. She hasn't really been herself, either..."

"I suppose that the more you dive, the more your effected. They are more subject to it then the others. Kazuto then mumbled to himself, "This is what they wanted..."

________________________________

Suguha found her mother's building. She never said anything in front of Kazuto, but this building was one of the intended targets. Suguha first cut the power to the building. When the panic erupted, she found the halls and the office rooms, harder to navigate, especially in the dark. Everyone was wearing their Augmas, so many times, they ran right into her, without even knowing it. She found herself plastered against a wall, waiting for them to pass. Finally, a familiar face came to view. "MOM!" Suguha noticed she was wearing her own Augma and couldn't hear her.