Life Goes On

The next day, there was a pounding on their door. "Kazuto! Kazuto! You better not be doing anything in there!"

Kirito sat up and wiped his eyes. He stared at Asuna, who was really red.

"Kazuto!"

Kirito shot up from the bed, getting really flustered. He quickly equipped his gear and headed to the door. Looking back at Asuna, who was staying out of sight.

"Kazu-"The door swung open, revealing a rather upset Leafa. "What took you so long?!"

"I just woke up, give me a break." He stretched out his arms. He was still pretty sleepy eyed, so she bought his story, which was also true.

Kirito didn't want Leafa to know how intimate he and Asuna were, trying to be more sensitive to his sister's feelings.

"Where is the fire anyway...?" Kirito didn't know what she was so mad about.

"Nothing... Mom wants to see you, so she asked me to lend her my Amusphere and avatar." Leafa explained.

"Oh... she's coming here?"

"Maybe, you could show her around. Mom really misses you. I can't believe that would surprise you."

"I guess not. I miss her too. I feel like it's been forever."

"Your games have caused her a lot of trouble, you know."

"That's not my fault." Kirito defended.

"I didn't say it was."

"Do me a favor... Can you t-ext-Asuna and ask her to log-on?" Kirito was starting to turn red in embarrassment.

"I don't know big brother, I think you can do that yourself!" Leafa turned around and stormed out of the house.

"You should have left it alone. You seriously have to watch those nerves."

"She's my sister, it's really awkward. You're one to talk! Last time you were interrogated, everyone found out, we were sleeping together!" Kirito retorted.

"So I'm not very good at it either... We both could learn a thing or two."

"About lying?"

"I guess not, when you put it like that."

Nikko started to whimper at the door.

"Asuna? Would you mind cooking an S-Class dinner for my mom? I know she would really appreciate it."

"I don't think, she is the only one." Asuna smirked.

"Yeah, what can I say? Your cooking is the best." He smiled sheepishly.

"I would be happy to."

"Great! Then I will meet you here at say... 3 o'clock? I'll message you if anything changes."

"Wait! Where are you planning on going? Your mother doesn't know how to play these games and if you run into Laughing Coffin-"

"Don't worry, Asuna. I can take on those guys, easily."

"The invincibility thing, doesn't work if you are paralyzed!" Asuna put her hands on her hips.

"So I will be careful." Kirito understood the urgency, because even if he wasn't in any mortal danger... if he died in game, he wouldn't be able to see them until he wakes up IRL. So essentially, it was still like his life was on the line, in a way. "Relax. I know what is at stake."

"Than I will see you at 3." Asuna kissed Kirito, before he left to greet his mom.

______________________________