What Does This Future Hold?

Kazuto was in his office, preparing his presentation notes, while he was talking to Asuna on the phone. "... Don't worry. I'll be at the dinner tonight. When are they coming anyway?... I will be out by then... sorry, I'll be out long before then. I'll make sure of it..."

Varina knocked on Kazuto's door. "Hurry up, Kazuto! We need to leave for the meeting!"

Kazuto sighed. "Asuna, I have to go. Our ride is leaving in a couple minutes... Thanks I appreciate it. I'll be fine. Varina will be there too. Love you too." He hung up and grabbed his briefcase on the way out.

He met Varina in the hallway. "Was that Asuna? Reminding you about your dinner tonight?"

Kazuto and Varina continued down the hall. "Yeah..."

Varina smirked. "I know that face. You already don't like him?"

"Not really."

"Why? I thought you were hoping she would meet someone."

"He is six years older than her. He's older than me. It's weird. Maybe, I should have him investigated."

"No way! You do that and Suguha will never forgive you, believe me."

"You're probably right, but..."

"He might be a nice guy. You really should give him a chance."

Kazuto opened the limo door, when they managed to exit the building. "You can talk. When was the last time, you spoke to your father?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It's not like I am avoiding him. I just need to stand on my own, for a while." She took her seat inside the vehicle and waited for Kazuto to take his seat next to her.

Kazuto raised an eyebrow, again. "Isn't that what you require of me?"

"You're different, Kazuto. You're my CEO. I am supposed to rely on you."

"You could, at least, visit."

"My family? In UW? No way!" Varina looked away from Kazuto and out the window, watching the city flashing by.

"Don't you want to see your mother?"

"You mean, my father's version of her. No thanks. I want to remember her, the way she was." Varina turned back to him. "Kazuto? Have you seen him, lately?"

"Yeah. I found him on Floor 23. They bought a house and are living there."

"Do you think my father has changed?"

"I did see him smile. He is much more relaxed than usual."

"You've forgiven him?"

Kazuto looked thoughtful. "I guess, but it doesn't mean I trust him. He has been instructing me on several matters, for conducting my responsibilities as your CEO. He has also been teaching me, everything there is to know about Augmented Reality."

"Looks like we're almost there. Are you ready?"

"It'll be fine. Besides, you'll be up there too, so I won't be alone." Kazuto studied her sly smile. "You are coming with me, right?"

She remained silent, with her sly smile, still evident.

"You are coming too." Kazuto started to panic, a little.

"Oh-look-we're-here! Good luck-Kazuto!" Varina jumped out of the limo.

Kazuto had an unimpressed look on his face and muttered to himself. "...Why am I even surprised...?" He grabbed his briefcase and followed her into the building.