Alternate Realities Collide

They found Valour was still in the talks and would be for a few more days, so they retreated to Klein's. Asuna was invited to stay as well.

Vari slept on the couch, while Kazuto slept on a mattress on the floor. They had their Augmas on their charging stations.

Asuna came into the room and kneeled down towards Kazuto. "Kazuto... Are you still awake?" She whispered.

His eyes slid open slightly. "Uhm huhmmm..." He lowered them back lazily.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Asuna didn't know what to expect from Kazuto. She could remember his reaction earlier that day and needed to know, where he was at.

"...Sure..." He closed his eyes and dozed off again.

She took her place next to him. She knew he was half asleep, but she hoped he wouldn't be upset with her. She felt his head lean against her back. She took comfort in that.

___________________________

The morning came and Asuna was in his arms, with her head resting on his chest.

"Wake up, sleepy heads." Varina felt hurt, but she knew she didn't have any right to be.

Asuna's eyes fluttered open, but Kazuto shot up from the mattress.

"What are you doing?" Kazuto demanded.

"You were fine with it last night." Asuna defended.

Kazuto's eyes softened. "A little warning would be nice."

Asuna was relieved that Kazuto didn't seem all that upset. They have been together for a few years, hopefully he still remembers that. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to scare you."

Kazuto wiped his eyes and got out of bed. He stared back at Vari. "I don't know what we are going to eat, if we're broke."

"I've got that covered!" Asuna shot out of bed and headed towards the kitchen.

They sat down with Asuna and Klein at the table, anxious to try the food.

"Asuna, I missed you." Vari enjoyed her food so much. It was refreshing to have a homemade meal again.

Kazuto didn't wait any longer either. "I agree. I am getting tired of eating fast food."

"You don't have to worry, Kazuto. We have NO money left."

"I didn't mean it like that, princess."

Vari felt awkward to be around Asuna, while Kazuto was referring to her as 'princess'. "Don't call me that, please!"

"Your Highness?"

"Not that either!"

Klein pulled out his phone and started recording.

Asuna glared at him.

"Oh come on, Asuna. You don't expect Kirito to own up to it, later? This way, he won't be able to deny he said these things." Klein defended.

Asuna ripped the cellphone away from Klein. "This is serious, Klein!"

Kazuto finished his breakfast and left the table to retrieve their Augmas from their charging stations. "I don't get what the big deal is. You act like you have never been around royalty before."

"You are acting like you have never played a game before. Lighten up!" Klein retorted.

__________________________________

They returned to Vesiquin. The friends took on several monsters and this time, that included Suguha.

A hologram showed up in the clouds. "Since you continue to ignore my warnings, I will show you, I am not one to be trifled with!" Tarien then disappeared from view.