A New Development

They spent the next month, talking about it and coming up with some kind of plan. Asuna thought she might be able to use Yui, like she did in the game... but that would be a fallback.

The time drew near and all the other countries were on board. Japan was the only one left to convince.

Kikuoka pulled some strings and managed to get a few tickets and his men on security, for the presentation.

This time, the few that were able, came really early and took the front row seats.

After waiting for what seemed like forever, Kirito entered the stage, without an introduction. He was dressed up in his 'hero' gear and stood proudly in front of everyone. "I know how difficult it is to accept what happened in the past, but I have something special planned to show you! Maybe this will help you understand, what we are really trying to do!"

Everyone was frozen by his last comment. They were expecting killer special effects and a dazzling show, but they could never be prepared for what Kirito had to show them.

"I would like to introduce a friend of mine!" He gestured to the other side of the stadium. "Diavel!"

They looked behind them and none other than Diavel, in all his armor, appeared, walking down the aisle.

Out from the crowd, a woman jumped up and rushed through the crowd, to his side.

"Sierra!" Diavel grew excited at seeing his wife appear, before him.

She jumped into his arms. He was overjoyed to pull in, what everyone came to realize, was his wife. He planted a long awaited kiss on her lips. His kids suddenly appeared behind her and the children gave him a huge hug. "I never thought I would see you again..." She cried tears of pure joy.

"Neither did I." Diavel answered, while hugging his kids, with tears in their eyes.

It was made clear to the audience, that they were invited here on purpose. Other members in the audience started to shout for their lost loved ones, expecting their appearances that were only made possible by the large pillars, that were placed around the stadium, fully activated.

Kirito wore a cheeky smile. "Diavel! I know you're excited to be here! But could you help me out and come down here already?!" Kirito urged in a teasing nature.

Everyone laughed in a tender moment.

"To answer your question! Yes! All the players who have lost their lives, may finally be returned to us!" Kirito assured them.

A man stood up abruptly from his seat. "How do we know that is really Diavel!"

"Ask Sierra?!" Kirito smiled confidently.

The crowd stared expectantly at Sierra and her family, as they stood on the stage.

Sierra whispered into Diavel's ear and he whispered into hers. She burst with joy and grabbed him in her arms, again.

Everyone accepted her performance as proof.

"If we come together as a community, making it a custom for all businesses to require their employees and teachers and children to wear these, then the people we lost will have the opportunity to be in this world again! Together, we can restore what was stolen from us!"

Asuna couldn't believe it. Japan was sold on this, for sure. They would not reject it, now.

Kirito drew closer to the audience. "I know what you want!... Griselda!..."

Klein felt his heart beat a hundred times per second, at the mention of her name.

"... Kobatz!... Sachi!..." Kirito continued as the said players appeared in the stadium.