Chapter Two: The Star

★Alena★

(AQ)

An arrow whizzed past my head. Monsters were everywhere. I jumped stabbing two of the horrible creatures. I turned to face the others. Their faces morphed into animal faces, lion heads on a bull's body. A lamb head on a spider's body. Then a huge giant stepped out squishing everything that got in its way. A battle cry rose up from the monsters. The giant swung his club at me and just as it was about to hit - a noise on the other side of the room made me drop my book.

"Nike!!!!" I cried as my mischievous puppy stuck her black head into the garbage behind my door."Get out of the garbage!" I launched myself off of the bed and tackled her to the ground just as she was going to sprint down the stairs. I yanked a dirty cleanex from her mouth and released her. She scrambled, claws clicking on the wooden floor, for the door and ran down the stairs. I sat down on my bed again and began to read. But the words didn't come alive like normal and I was constantly distracted. I looked out the window parallel to my bed the stars winked and glittered at me. I could hear their voices speaking to me.

"Alena, come join us!" They cried.

"I can't now," I responded in my head.

"But you must. They have come to Slandoria. We are afraid star keeper."

"I will come to your aid. Send a messenger to Slandoria."

I got up and opened my window. The cool air ran down my back and cooled my face. I walked over to the top of my roof and looked up. I always hated this part. I jumped. Up into the air. The air blew past me the sky expanded. Then it all smacked together into a line and I was standing on the banks of a river. The ground was black with white specks. The river was as white as milk. For on earth, we call it the milky way. I ran to the grand castle were the great star was. I passed the guards who let me in without question and skidded to a stop in front of the king and bowed in respect.

"King Endril. Slandoria is being attacked by Nartoches. Do I have your permission to cross the river?"

He raised his head his head and body looked like he was made of gold but he was actually a star, everyone here is a star except me. I am part human.

"Star keeper! Is it true have they really invaded? Yes, you must go immediately." I stood and turned but before I took two steps away he spoke again.

"Alena, take care of yourself. And tell your mom I said hello."

"I will father."

I raced away out the door and down the streets little star children and parents the same gold color came out from houses, also made out of the black stone the ground was made of. I picked up speed and jumped. I cleared the river and flew past the towns of Eosphoros. Finally, I made it to Slandoria. I touched down in the black earth and looked around. The town's buildings were crushed and some were on fire. I walked past a building and saw a body. I ran to it and realized that it was a young boy. I put my hand on his neck checking for a pulse but found none. I pulled away and frantically ran through the town searching for life. I stopped at the town square, there was a ripped black flag hanging from the stick in the ground. I yanked it off and examined it. It was a Nartoch flag. I threw it to the ground and put my head in my hands. I was too late. Then I heard a cry. I spun around and saw an old man on the ground. I ran to him and bent down. I put my hand on his neck but as I did he grabbed my wrist. His eyes opened, crazily looking around.

"Star keeper! You can change this. Find the Moon and Sun Guardians and all will be repaired." He coughed once then laid still. His hand dropped from my wrist and lay on the cracked ground. Moon Guardian? I had heard of these people before, but they have been gone for years. The ground shook and cracks appeared on the ground. Slandoria was being erased, as all towns that are destroyed. I quickly flew up as ground opened up and Slandoria was swallowed by the ground. Once out of sight the land closed up again and erased all existence of Slandoria.