Chapter Fifteen: Yorukaze

~Tsuki Hyashi~

(ATH)

I picked up Moondust.

'What?' She mewled and squirmed in my arms.

"Now we have Rayn Cassie to babysit. I thought he'd left."

'Apparently not.'

"We have to go to Saskatchewan, so you need to get yourselves ready. Rayn, we can't risk you being captured, or anything, so you'll have to make do with what you have now." I said, purposefully.

"Wait, but how are we gonna get there?" Rayn asked. Alena, Eliana, and I looked at each other. That was actually a good question.

"The best way is on foot, but that would take almost forever. If we risk a plane, we first have to find the money, and if a Nartoch is on the plane, we will all be in big trouble." Alena said.

"But on the other hand, we don't have enough time to walk all the way there, bringing along Rayn," I said. Rayn frowned at me.

"We can try a train or bus," Eliana suggested.

"That's a good idea. I should have enough funds to ride a train or bus there." I said.

"I can pitch in too," Rayn added.

"Uh, I think I'm broke," Eliana mumbled. Right, she didn't have complete memories.

"I have only five dollars or so, but it's still usable." Alena smiled.

"Good. Thanks, guys." I said, being sincere this time. I guess having company wasn't as bad as what I'm used to. I closed my eyes and remembered him. Kaito... His name was ever present. I'd look for him as soon as Rayn was rid of.

"When are we leaving?" Rayn asked eagerly.

"Don't you have a family to tell this to?" I asked.

"Well... They don't really care. I once went on a retreat for a week, and they barely noticed." He shrugged.

"Oh..." Alena whispered to herself. I assumed she had tight family bonds, at the very least, tighter than Rayns.

"So when are we leaving?" Eliana repeated Rayn's question.

"I guess we have a couple days at the most. Rayn, you can take the fifth room to your right. I'll show you. C'mon, Eliana, Alena." I left the others, pausing a little to hear them scuffling to get up and follow me. As soon as they were ready to go, I went upstairs and down the long corridor. "The first- and largest might I add- bedroom is mine. Don't go in no matter what." I glared at Rayn, who straightened. "The second on the left is a living room. You're allowed there, and we'll host meetings there. I'd say it's more comfortable than the family room." We passed the first two doors. "The third room is for laundry collection. Just separate the clothes between dark and light. I'll send Daisuke to some errands and get clothes for you Rayn. The next door," I pushed it open, revealing a large well-furnished room. "This is Eliana's room." Eliana nodded, peeking inside.

"Thanks. It's nice."

"The next room is Alena's." Her room was similarly fashioned to Eliana's, complete with a warm bath (made by Daisuke) and fluffy pillows. "And here." The last room of the hall, at the very end. "Rayn this is yours." I pushed it open. His room was a little smaller, but he didn't seem to mind. He threw his shoes in the corner and jumped on the bed, which bounced a little.

"Nice." He grinned, "This is really great, Tsuki."

"You're welcome." I sighed. "Oh, by the way, a bell will ring for dinner, you can choose to eat at the dining hall or in your rooms. I will be in the dining hall. And please take your baths before it gets cold." I smiled, watching everyone retreat into their rooms, closing the door. Sighing, I headed to my own room.

Moondust was curled on the side of the tub as I lay in my bathtub, staring at the ceiling.

"I'm finally getting somewhere," I said, stroking her ears. "I'm gonna need Yorukaze," I said. Moondust carefully jumped onto my head as I dipped my knees under the water. "Mind if I take it now?"

'Yeah, sure. You're the Moon Guardian.' She mewled. Making a retching noise, the hilt of a sword slid out and the whole thing dropped in the water. Moondust was my sheath, for Yorukaze, or Nightwind. I don't know how, but she had a space pocket inside her which could store more things than my sword. Since it was near evening, but not yet night, Yorukaze was a pale blue light color, with a black hilt and a swirling symbol near the blade. The blade had a ridge near the hit but evened out further away from it. I gripped its hilt, smiling at how snug and right it felt. My skills with magic were nil, but I loved the feel of a sword and swinging it. Moondust jumped onto the edge of the bathtub and rubbed her maw.

'Blech. That thing tastes like a metal fur-ball.' She gagged. But in the process of complaining about Yorukaze, her paw slipped and she splashing into the bathtub, spilling water over the edge and slipping in. My face got splashed and my hair soaked. Moondust flailed like a fish that she would eat.

'What are you doing?! Help me, don't just watch!!' She mewled, waving her paws. I stifled a laugh.

"Sorry," I gasped out through my covered mouth. I loved Moondust....

(Yorukaze night form)

(Yorukaze day form)