Epilogue

~Tsuki Hyashi~

~Tsuki Hyashi~

(ATH)

Eliana was shaking as we brought her back in. Her wrists were bruised and she was crying out of relief.

"Hey, it's ok." Alena smiled. Kaito looked at her solemnly.

"This is the Sun Guardian right." He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded, as Eliana turned to hug us.

"What happened?" Eliana said, laughing.

"Well...." I started.

"We freed Tsuki when the man left her hanging," Kaito said, a bit angrily.

"Huh? But that took only a minute."

"From the looks of it, he left you there for days," Rayn said.

"Ummmmmmm...." I blushed, remembering what I did. "So it was who-who carried me?"

"That was me," Kaito said, his face red too. I sighed and shook my head.

"Boy, you were waaaaay into character." Kaito turned redder.

"I- I mean, you weren't um..." He stuttered. Rayn scowled at us.

"That's not all that happened. Apparently, Eliana nearly killed Alena?" He spat. Eliana's eyes wavered.

"I didn't want to." She whispered.

"Hey, hey Rayn," I said. "Take it easy."

"She betrayed you and Alena! How can we trust her again?" He demanded.

"To think of it, Tsuki," Kaito turned to me. "Remember the old folklore of the woman who could drive away the darkness of any Nartoch?"

"Yeah, but I thought that referred to the Sun Guardian."

"Now that I think of it, it was possibly a Sun Being, but it's a really old tale."

"Can we discuss this later?" Eliana pleaded. "I hate this place." We all nodded.

"Yeah," Rayn said.

-

-

Outside, the stars above us were twinkling. It was a most welcome sight. I had never been so happy before to leave a place. Everyone was alive, and I had Kaito back. He put his hand on my shoulder and I grasped it, smiling up at him.

"Thanks for coming for me," I said.

"What are you saying? Of course, I'd come for you. I love you, you know." I blushed and smiled. It felt so right. The darkness was behind us now. We would fight Aswa and defeat him, the. I could love Kaito properly without anything getting in between us anymore.