#6 : A Fluttering Heart

That night at the Jung's apartment .

" What's for our dinner , eomma ? " asked Hanyeol as she flattens a mat on the floor .

" Rice , beansprout soup and boiled fish . " replied Mrs. Mijing while putting the dishes on the mat .

" Boiled fish ? Mwo...do you think I'm a cat ? " complained Hanyeol sarcastically .

" Just shut up and eat your dinner , Hanyeol . " said the single mother .

" Aeri - ah , please light up a candle and turn off the lights . " ordered Mrs. Mijing to her youngest daughter .

But Aeri didn't respond .

" Yeoboseyo ? Aeri to Earth , Earth to Aeri... " Hanyeol plucked her fingers right in front of Aeri's face .

" Err nae... " responded dreaming Aeri before she light up a candle and turn off the lights .

" Don't be too dramatic about that injury or that accident , Aeri . You should be grateful that Park Chanyeol helped you just now . " mumbled her eomma .

" Accident happens everytime , eomma . Even a love accident . " commented Hanyeol while looking at Aeri sceptically . Aeri started to blush again .

" Love accident ? What are you trying to say , Hanyeol ? " smirked Mrs. Mijing .

" Oh nothing eomma . " laughed Hanyeol . " I just wanna ask...how long do we have to do this ? "

" With the word to do this , what does that really mean , Hanyeol ? "

" Well...right now I'm not complaining but...how long do we have to eat dinner in the dark ? How long do we have to eat the awful dinner almost everyday ? And...how long do we have to live in this..shelter ? "

" Why do you have to be so pabo ( stupid ) , huhh you lil rascal ? " Mrs . Mijing started to get angry . " Why do you have to ask these same questions since your appa's death ? Wae , Hanyeol ? Wae ? "

" Mi...mianhae if I hurted your feeling , eomma . " apologized Hanyeol before she continued her dinner with silence .

Meanwhile Aeri who'd remain silent from the beginning , start mumbling in her heart...

When will our life change ?

When will I achieve my dream ?

Should I tell eomma about this ?

When will Saena eonni and Eunmi eonni help us ?

And most of all...will Park Chanyeol and I become friends ?

***

Meanwhile at Chae's resident , on the same night .

Chae Yoonhee was having her dinner by herself . There were only her and their servants at the mansion . While her parents are still at work .

" So eomma's still at her office , Seulbi - ah...? " asked Yoonhee to her main housemaid .

" Nae , and I'm afraid that she might not be able to return home tonight , Yoonhee - ssi . And don't forget that your appa will return from America by next week . " replied the housemaid , Heo Seulbi .

" Urghh...what a mess . Those make me lost my appetite . " Yoonhee stood up from the dining table and went upstairs .

" What about your dinner , Yoonhee - ssi ? " asked Seulbi while showing Yoonhee her leftover steak .

" Please finish it for me . Or just throw it away . I'm going out with Hyeyoung and Seora tonight . " answered Yoonhee before she shut her door .

" To the club again...? Aigo this yeoja...since when she starts clubbing ? As I knew , she's such a good girl . She must have a problem... " whispered Seulbi by herself while throwing Yoonhee's leftover dinner into the dustbin .

***

" Aigo...that bastard Park really ruin off my mood today... " said Yoonhee by herself as she smokes at the balcony .

" Eommona...what the hell is wrong with me...? Had I fallen in love with him again...?? "

" Aniyo . Aniyo , aniyo , aniyo . He's only my ex - namjachingu during high school . And I'm not going to do the same stupid thing again . "

" Aigo Chae Yoonhee . Just stop remembering him . He's just a fucking asshole that ruined your feelings before , right ? " she wandered around her big bedroom while mumbling to herself .

Suddenly , her phone rang . It was one of her besties , Song Seora .