#7 : The Story of Jung Family

Jung Aeri p.o.v.

Three weeks before Valentine's Day .

Annyeong . It's Jung Aeri again . Do you remember the first recording that I made last week ? ...the time that I said that I'll tell you guys about the reason why I start working at such young age ?

Geurae . Here's the story...

***

My parents are from Busan . My eomma came from a rich baker family , while my late appa is a poor orphanage since child . He lived with his halmeoni ( grandmother ) , which was my great grandmother .

My eomma is expelled from her family when she married appa . Her family hates him . My eomma told me how appa once promised her family that he'll do the best to take care of that only daughter of theirs .

When my appa's halmeoni died , they moved to Seoul . One that day , my eomma was pregnant . She was carrying my eldest eonni , Jung Saena . My appa did many things to raise the new family of his own . It was such an undescribable story that my eomma told me how big my appa's sacrifice was .

But eomma's passion with baking had never deceased . She's still busy baking breads and cakes when she's carrying my second eonni , Jung Eunmi . While appa still with his job as a lorry driver besides helping eomma taking care of my 1 - year old eldest eonni .

People loves eomma's breads . That's how she got a job at a bakery nearby . The baker loves her pies . He offered her a job at his bakery . Soon , our family's life turns easier back then .

But things start to change when my eomma pregnants my third eonni , Jung Hanyeol . The country's economy turns unstable . Profits keep raising up and sometimes decreased . By then , my eomma lost her job when the baker closed his bakery .

But my eomma never give up . By using all of her savings , she managed to open her own bakery . While appa works harder to raise his family . Sometimes he helped eomma at the bakery as well .

Soon , things unexpectedly getting worse . My appa involved in an accident when he's working . Due to the accident , he soon became paralyzed . He then quit from his job and only focus to eomma's bakery .

I know this story's getting longer , so lemme shorten it . By then , please get ready yourself with a box of tissues .

My appa was diagnosised with the early stage of leukimia . By then , I was only 1 year old . Despite  managing the bakery , my eomma is willing to take care of her sick husband and also her 4 daughters whose each of them have one year gap age . By then , eomma sold her bakery to the baker who'd gave her a job a long time ago .

I was only 2 when my appa died . Since then , eomma always taught us how to spend wisely . We have to be thrifty with everything that we spent to . At the same time , eomma really wants us to focus on our studies besides helping her to manage the bakery that she gained back when the baker deceased .

Thank God , look at us now . Our bakery has become one of the well - known pastry cafe in Gangnam . Saena eonni has became a lawyer and also a counsellor . Eunmi eonni will return from Japan by next year as an accountant . Hanyeol eonni said that she'll be a pastry chef like eomma too since she took culinary course at her college , while naega...?

I'm still don't know when is the right time to tell eomma that I want to become a personal sports trainer .