Chapter 13

"Get up you lazy arses!", Theo shouted, throwing a shoe at Draco's bed.

Hermione quickly redressed and got some clothes for Draco. When she bent over the trunk Blaise was clearly eying her arse. Draco threw Theo's shoe right in his face, smiling smugly.

"Alright", Hermione said turning around, "I've got everything for the bathroom."

"Your wand Granger", Draco said sternly, holding up his hand.

"Fine", Hermione pouted, "But under two conditions. You let Greg and Vince carry you to the bathroom and you let me help you wash up."

"No!", Draco shouted. Hermione merely quirked an eyebrow at him as they tried to stare each other down.

"If you can prove to me you can walk to the door by yourself, we'll go", Hermione challenged him.

Draco stood up, his face becoming blanc. Slowly he walked to the door, clenching his teeth with each step. Right before he reached it he grunted as his ankle gave in. Greg caught him before he hit the floor face first.

"Fucking fine", Draco gave in looking at Hermione's smug face, "I'll lean on them, but nobody's carrying me!"

"Sometimes, you really are an idiot Draco Malfoy", Hermione answered while handing over her wand.

***********

For the rest of the weekend Hermione helped Draco with his homework. He had been rather busy with the task Voldemort had given him and it was only three weeks before exams started, so he was running a bit behind.

"Hermione", Draco objected, "The Dark Lord took over the school and I'm an evil Death Eater, they can't fail me this year. I'll just wing it."

"WING IT?!", Hermione shouted, blowing up with anger, "You can't just WING IT Draco Malfoy! Your education is important, no matter how unqualified some teachers are."

Oh boy, he should have seen that one coming.

"Yes", Draco said soothingly while trailing kisses along her jawline, "I know Sweetheart, but you look so sexy it's difficult to concentrate..."

Hermione opened her mouth to answer, but Draco silenced her with a searing kiss. She totally lost her train of thought and pressed her body against his, moaning as he cupped her breast through her shirt.

"I fucking knew it!", Theo shouted walking in on them, "You owe me a Galleon Blaise!"

Hermione blushed and Draco scowled at Theo and Blaise for interrupting.

"Shit mate", Blaise said, "I know you've been pining for her since Yule Ball two years ago, but I never thought it would happen."

He threw Theo his Galleon. Draco's look was murder, but when he saw Hermione smiling brightly at him, he couldn't help but smile back a little.

"So, next Saturday we're going to Hogsmeade for the last time this year", Greg said, obviously changing the subject.

"We can't go", Draco frowned, "It's too dangerous to leave Hermione alone all day and we have to go as a group. We'll have to watch our back, not only for Rabastan, but also for enemies of The Dark Lord and people seeking revenge for Dumbledore's death."

"But Dracooo...", Blaise whined, "I haven't got a costume for the party yet."

"Party?", Hermione asked.

"The Slytherin Masked Ball", Greg answered. "Every year, the last Friday evening of May Slytherin throws this party. For non-Slytherins it's invite only."

"And", Vince added, "Since most Gryffindors don't get along with us, you probably weren't even aware of it."

"I've heard rumours", Hermione admitted, "But I never knew it was a real thing. Is the rumour about how wild they are true as well?"

"Probably a tad bit exaggerated", Blaise sniggered. "The music's loud and there's lots of booze. And if you're interested in a new anonymous sexual experience, that happens too."

"Shut up Blaise", Draco said while Hermione blushed. "The sex stuff only happens to you."

"What can I say", Blaise smirked, "I'm irresistible."

"It might be possible for us all to go to Hogsmeade", Hermione said thoughtfully, "If you could get me to the kitchens."

"Pleeease Draco", Blaise begged when he saw Draco was about to say no.

"Think of the reward", Theo whispered in Draco's ear.

Draco looked at Hermione's hopeful gaze.

"Fucking fine", Draco grunted, "I'll take you. We'll go on Tuesday evening."

Hermione smiled brightly at him and kissed him soundly on the lips. He felt better about his decision already.

***********

"This was the worst fucking idea ever", Draco grunted as he was sneaking up the stairs Tuesday night with Hermione, Vince and Greg on his tail. He had decided to bring them along as extra safety measure for Hermione, but for Slytherins they weren't very sneaky.

"We need to head East", Hermione whispered, "Towards the Herbology corridor."

Draco peeked around the corner and quickly retracted his head.

"Snape", he mouthed to Hermione. They took a few steps back and hid in the broom closet. Hermione was pressed up against Draco's back, the shelves prodding in hers. She held her breath when she heard soft footsteps right outside the door. They stopped for a moment and then quickly retreated.

"He's gone", Draco whispered as Hermione dared to breathe again. "This better be worth it Hermione."

They got past the Hufflepuff common room entrance without any problems and arrived at the kitchen entrance.

"How do we get in, blast a hole in it?", Greg whispered.

Hermione rolled her eyes and tickled the pear on the painting until it started to giggle.

Greg looked at her like she was daft until the pear transformed into a doorknob.

"And that, Gregory Goyle", Hermione whispered smugly, "Is how you get into the kitchen of Hogwarts."

Hermione pushed the door open and walked in, the boys on her tail.

Vince and Greg looked in awe as house elves everywhere were preparing breakfast for the next morning. The air was heavy with the smell of freshly baked bread, muffins and scones.

"Can Pipsy helps you?", one of the elves asked in a squeaky voice. "Woulds you like to try a muffin?" He held out a tray of freshly baked blueberry muffins to them.

"Thank you Pipsy", Hermione said while everyone took a muffin, "I'm looking for Dobby. Could you fetch him for me please?"

Pipsy bowed for them and disappeared into the hustle.

"Dobby?", Draco asked, grabbing Hermione by the shoulder.

Before she could react Draco was blown backwards against the wall. By Slytherin's beard, he knew he shouldn't have brought her! Once they were alone, she wouldn't be happy. Luckily for her he had vowed not to hurt her willingly again, but that didn't mean he couldn't punish her in some other way.

"You shall not harm Harry Potter's friend!", Dobby squeaked appearing from behind her.

"Hello Dobby", Hermione smiled brightly, "You look well! Is that a new hat?"

Draco grunted as Vince pulled him back to his feet. Hermione decided it was better not to look at him. She knew he'd be highly annoyed, if not even really angry.

"Yes", Dobby smiled proudly touching the ghastly purple hat on his head, "Thanks you miss. What is you doing heres... With his?" Dobby eyed Draco with distrust.

"I'll explain Dobby", Hermione answered, "Is there somewhere we can talk in private?"

"Yes Miss", Dobby confirmed and he took her hand. Draco grabbed on to her other one right in time.