Chapter 23

***WARNING*** Chapter contains smut ***WARNING***

"I'm glad to see you are well Miss Granger", McGonagall said after she casted her spell on Draco. "Would you like some tea?"

"Thank you Professor", she answered politely. As McGonagall turned her back to take out the tea she glanced over at Draco. He winked at her and she gave him a little smile, knowing he had undone the spell already.

"How are you Miss Granger", McGonagall asked handing her the tea.

"I'm fine Professor", Hermione answered stirring her tea. "Living with Slytherins isn't always easy, but Malfoy keeps me out of harm's way."

"He treats you well?"

"Well enough. I've got my things with me and he leaves me alone most of the day."

McGonagall nodded and seemed relieved at her words.

"Mr. Malfoy has agreed to let you do your exams."

Hermione's eyes widened and she looked over to Draco. He quirked an eyebrow at her, pretending he hadn't heard what was said, but she recognised the twinkle in his eyes.

"I would love to Professor", Hermione said breathlessly turning back at her.

"We don't have much time left, so you'd have to do one exam every day."

"I'll manage Professor", Hermione answered confidently.

"I propose we start on Saturday, each evening at 7 p.m. in my office."

"Malfoy would have to bring me, but since his last exam is on Friday, that shouldn't be a problem."

"Well that's settled then. Here's your schedule."

She handed Hermione a list with her exams.

"Professor", Hermione asked tentatively, "Do you have news of my friends?"

McGonagall eyed Draco who was staring out the window seemingly oblivious.

"I can't tell you too much Miss Granger", McGonagall answered. "You are residing in the presence of Death Eaters and at some point they could question you about what you know."

Hermione's eyes teared up and Draco had to fight the urge to sneer at McGonagall for refusing her some comfort.

"I can tell you that your friends are safe for now", McGonagall said carefully. "Mr. Potter is working on a task given to him by Professor Dumbledore."

"Thank you Professor", Hermione whispered, wiping her eyes with her sleeve.

"Are you sure you want to leave with Mr. Malfoy? I could..."

"No Professor", Hermione refused, "It would put you and everyone who helps at risk. I'm safe enough in the Slytherin dorms, for now."

McGonagall nodded and pointed her wand at Draco, removing her spell.

"You can take Miss Granger back Mr. Malfoy", she told him, "Her first exam will be Saturday evening. Obviously, nobody can know about it. Now, hurry back to your dorm if you want to make it before curfew."

Draco nodded stiffly and let Hermione leave the office before him.

Hermione wanted to head back to the dungeons, but Draco grabbed her arm.

"Follow me Sweetheart", he whispered and turned the other way. Hermione frowned, but followed him without question.

They avoided the few people who were still hanging around in the corridors by hiding in alcoves and broom closets. Up on the fourth floor they had nowhere to hide from a small group of Ravenclaws, so Draco sat down on a window-sill and pulled Hermione on his lap. He started to kiss her, effectively hiding his very recognisable white blond hair with the hood of her cloak.

Once they were gone Draco put her back on her feet and pulled her further up the stairs. When they arrived at the seventh floor Hermione understood where he was taking her.

"Draco, what...", she started to ask while he paced in front of an empty wall. A door appeared and Draco pulled her inside before she could even finish her question.

Her mouth dropped open when she saw a beautiful bedroom in front of her. On the right she saw a roaring fireplace with a fluffy rug in front of him. Right in front of her was a silver king-sized bed with red covers and to her left she saw a big bathtub sunken into the dark hardwood floor, complete with a waterfall shower and jacuzzi function.

"Told you I was going to fuck the hell out of you Pet", Draco whispered in her ear after he closed the door behind them.

Hermione shivered in anticipation, turned around and kissed him softly.

"Won't the others miss us?"

"Nah, I left a note. Are you happy Sweetheart?", he asked a bit self-consciously. Why he asked was beyond him, but now he craved to know.

"As happy as I could be, given the circumstances", she answered honestly. "Thank you Draco."

"You're welcome... Hermione", he answered gruffly, pulling one of her curls. The feeling that he had made her happy was possibly the best thing he'd ever felt.

She smiled and pulled his face down for a kiss. He picked her up off the floor and she wrapped her legs around him. He carried her over to the bed and put her down gently. Slowly they both took their clothing off, caressing each other's skin until they were both naked. He pushed her back on the bed and covered her body with his, kissing her tenderly. His fingers explored every inch of her skin, like he was mapping it into his memory. Hers very much did the same without a conscious thought.

It wasn't long before he was inside her, thrusting softly until she pulsated around him, bringing his release as well. Draco felt a bit weird. He never had sex with a girl like that before. It had felt like... more. More of what he didn't know, but just... more.

"That was very... nice", Hermione whispered pushing a strand of hair from his face.

"Yeah?", he smirked, "Normally I don't do nice, but I can't seem to help it with you. Give me a few hours of sleep and I'll make it up to you."

She giggled and drifted off to sleep. Neither of them heard the wreckage right outside the room.