Chapter XI

I didn't go to bed until nearly 4am. I just couldn't sleep. I set an alarm for noon so I could get up and get ready before we had to leave.

I didn't have any dreams after the last weird one I had the day before. It was a weird dream. But I can't let that determine how my day is going to be. It was going to be a good day.

I was already awake when my alarm went off but I didn't get up until it went off. I rolled over and turned it off.

"3 Twitter notifications:

Penguins: Game day tonight at PPG Paints Arena at 7pm

SidtheKid1fan started following you

CarlHagelin started following you             "

I froze. I kept clicking the name, thinking it was just a fan account, but it still said

'The official Twitter account for Carl Hagelin'

I nearly had a heart attack. I quickly jumped up and hoped in the shower. I washed my hair and my body and skipped my usual 'rock star' scene and got out and threw on some jeans and my Hags jersey and threw my hair into a long braid down my back.

"Emalie! We're gonna be late!" My mom yelled up to me. I took my phone off charge, threw my shoes on, and ran down the stairs and hopped in the back seat.

"Come on Mom! We're gonna be late!" I yelled from the car. She came rushing out to the car and got in the passenger seat.

It was a quiet ride to Pittsburgh. We lived roughly 35 minuets away from Pittsburgh so it wasn't super long. I kept checking my phone to make sure it was actually Carl Hagelin that followed me on Twitter this morning. And every time, it was.

When we pulled into the arena, around 3:30, but we didn't need to be there until 4. Luckily, one of Jackson's coaches were there too. We walked in and they allowed Jackson to put his gear in one of the spare locker rooms.

I slowly got out of the car, and placed both feet on the ground to make sure this is real life. I walked behind my family to take it all in. A security guard led us to the Pitt locker room. It wasn't far from the Pens locker room. I was thrilled. And I wasn't too far from the trainers area either.

I stood outside the locker room while mom and dad got Jackson situated. I was looking for any sign of a hockey player.

I turned around to talk to my mom when I saw something from the corner of my eye. There stood Chris Kunitz right beside me. I looked over and smiled,he smiled back.

"Hey. I'm Chris," he said extending his hand. I shook it.

"I'm Emalie," I smiled.

"Do you play or?" He asked.

"Oh. No. My brother does." I stuttered.

"Ah. I'll see you around, Emalie." He smiled and turned to leave.

"Chris!" I heard myself chirp. He turned around laughing, "Are you guys playing soccer?"

"Yup. Wanna join?" He asked. I nodded.

"Mom. Can I go play soccer with the players? Like Kuni and all them?" I asked.

"Don't get hurt. Meet us back here around 6pm." She said and smiled. I nodded and walked toward Chris.

"Can I?" I asked. He laughed and and motioned to walk with him.

"Do you play soccer?" He asked.

"I don't mean to brag but, I was the captain of the girls varsity soccer team this year." I boasted, proudly.