Chapter XIX

After Easton was ready to get back in the car, we were on our way once again.

"More Tim's?" She asked when she started her car.

"Are you serious?" I rolled my eyes.

"You could just say no." she mumbled and headed back towards the interstate.

"Do you want Tim's?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that?" she laughed.

"I dunno, just a question. We can stop if you want. You're the one driving, not me." I said and took a drink of my Tim's from earlier.

"I can wait. Too much coffee will stunt your growth." She shrugged, emerging onto the highway.

"East, you haven't grown since sixth grade." I laughed.

"Hey! I am perfectly content with being five foot five. Just as tall at Patrick Stump and only a few inches shorter than Sid." She laughed, and so did I. 

Since Easton was driving, I couldn't control her music choices. She had made a whole playlist dedicated to this trip. I looked through her songs. Machine Gun Kelly, Twenty One Pilots, Motionless in White, Panic! at the Disco, My Chemical Romance.

"Hey East, I don't listen to the type of music you do, but didn't My Chemical Romance break up in like 2013?" I asked, and continued to look through her music.

"Yes they did, but it can never die because it's an idea. Ideas never die." she said dramatically.

"Okay, okay." I laughed, "Can we listen to your Sia album on here?" I asked.

"What's wrong with this song?" She asked, looking offended.

"You are the only person I know who still listens to Marilyn Manson. He is literally the Antichrist." I laughed.

"That's true I suppose. Yeah, go ahead. I can jam to Sia." She said and took her last drink of her coffee from before. 

We listened to almost her whole Sia album before reaching Erie.

"Are we stopping in Erie?" I asked, turning down 'The Greatest'.

"Do you want to?" She asked, surprised. I shrugged.

"You're driving. We could stop for a quick snack and a quick walk?" I suggested.

"I like how you think." She smiled before heading towards the exit. 

She pulled into a Giant Eagle.

"Quick walk, and we can get a quick snack." She smiled. I laughed and followed her in the store.

"Uh, what do you want?" I asked.

"I think I'm going to get an energy drink and maybe some dill pickle chips." She said, shrugging.

"If you're tired, I can drive." I suggested.

"No, I'm okay. We only have a few more hours." 

"How much longer?" 

"Counting border patrol?" I nodded. "Like three hours."

"That's longer than I thought." She laughed.

"It's really not that fair." She shook her head and reached for her chips.

"You know that your pickle chips are just cut up, fried, and seasoned Phil Kessels right?" I laughed.

"That is indeed true." She laughed. "What are you going to get?"

"Uh, I dunno, maybe some Gatorade and some chex mix." I shrugged.

"What time is it?" She asked me. I pulled put my phone.