chapter XVIII

I was in school when Hags flew over west. It didn't really phase me, but I was worried something would happen. I trust him, I really do, but I don't at the same time.

"What's up?" Easton asked when I wasn't paying attention in English class.

"Nothing. Nothing I'm fine." I lied.

"I know you're lying. Spill." She said sounding annoyed.

"Hags left for his handful of games over west. I'm worried something is going to happen." I mumbled.

"Why?" She asked.

"Have you seen him? He's a gorgeous, Swedish model! He probably has girls hanging all over him but he picked me for some damn reason." I snapped and felt tears running down my face.

"Is everything okay?" My English teacher, Mr. Patrik asked us. I looked away.

"Umm, Mr. Patrik, would it be okay if Emalie and I went for a calming walk down to the bathroom and back?" Easton asked and shot him her award winning smile.

"Of course. Hope everything is alright." He mumbled.

"If not, I will let you know. Emalie, let's go." She said getting up and dragging my arm.

"Em! He isn't going to cheat on you. He loves you. He really cares about you. You're amazing and beautiful and smart. He'd be dumb to not like you." She exclaimed. More tears fell. "Give me your phone."

"What are you going to do?" I asked between sniffles, but handing it over.

"You'll see." She unlocked my phone and opened FaceTime. She clicked on Hag's number.

"He's on a plane." I argued but she waved me off as we walked to the bathroom. He answered.

"Em? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"She's crying because she misses you. Not really." She told him. I punched her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"You're so far away and you probably have girls hanging all over you but you have me and I don't even know why because you're a handsome Swedish, hockey playing, model." Tears started falling again.

"I'll be on the first flight back." He shook his head.

"No. It's your job, you can't come back every time I gave a meltdown." I said, wiping away tears.

"But you need me." He argued.

"I'll be okay." I faked a smile.

"You're faking that smile." He said firmly.

"I'll be okay, Hags. I'm sorry Easton called you." I looked down.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled. Then Kunitz basically hopped over the plane seat.

"Emalie!" He chirped.

"Kuni!" I laughed and wiped more tears away.

"What's up, buttercup?" He asked worriedly.

"Nothing nothing. I'm fine." I said too fast for his liking.

"Emalie..." He said. I waved him off.

"I'm okay. If anything happens I'll call you." I faked another smile.

"I hope so. Well you better get to class. See ya Em!" Kuni waved.

"Bye Kuni." I smiled and wiped away a few stray tears.

"Yeah you gotta get to class. Bye Emalie. I love you." Hags said nervously.

"You too Hags." I said before hanging up.