Chapter XX

I woke up before Easton did so I took a quick shower and got ready for the game. I was quite sure what time Kesler would be down to tell us it was time to go, but i know that teams normally get to the rink roughly two hours before game time. I threw on some jeans and a dry fit long sleeve before walking out of the bathroom to wake Easton. And, to my surprise, she was already up and debating between which pair of jeans to wear. I laugh and shook my head.

"Hey East." I yawned.

"OH, hey Em. Which pair should I wear? These ones are my favorite but these ones fit better." She said holding up two pairs that looks almost identical other than the butt pocket designs.

"Ummm. I would go with the ones that are most comfortable." I shrugged.

"But they're both comfortable." She whined.

"You just said that--- ugh! Give me the jeans," she handed them over, "Now turn around and face the wall." I had two numbers in my head, one was for one pair and one was for the other. "Pick two hockey players." 

"Penguins or NHL?" she asked. 

"Umm, old Penguins." I shrugged. She pondered this for a second.

"Brandon Sutter, and umm Potato." 

"Okay you can turn around now." I said and handed her one pair.

"What was right?" She asked.

"Well, the ones in my right hand was 14 for Kunitz so you got those because Sutter was 16 and that's close to Kunitz." I shrugged. My specialty was hockey puns and references. She laughed.

"Thanks Em. Your jersey is in the closet thingy. Hanging up." She said before walking into the bathroom to take a shower. 

I couldn't remember which jersey i was supposed to wear, so I just grabbed her Perry one. I know she's a sucker for Kesler. I wonder what she'll do about Auston.

I gasped.

"AUSTON!" I screamed.

"What?" I heard Easton yell from the bathroom.

"Auston! The ducks are playing the Maple Leafs today." I said through the door.

"Yeah, so." I could also hear her shrug.

"Auston Matthews plays for the Maple Leafs. We are here for your ducks, East." I explained.

"Shit." She cried out. "Who am I supposed to cheer for?" I put my back against the door and slid down it so i was sitting. 

"Well, your original plan was to cheer for the Ducks. I mean, you and Auston aren't even technically dating so I don't really see what the big deal is." I chuckled a little. All of a sudden the water turned off and I could hear her fumbling to attempt to put her skinny jeans on. Not too long after I heard a small crash.

"East? Are you okay?" I tried not to laugh.

"Oh, uh, yeah. My shirt fell." She responded.

"It sounded louder than just a shirt." I said, holding back laughter.

"Yeah, well I happened to be in that shirt." she said, flatly. I completely lost it. I was laughing like a hyena and tears running down my face. 

"Hey! I can hear you laughing!" She called through the door. I tried to control myself but i couldn't, I just kept laughing. Finally she opened the bathroom  door and walked out. I couldn't catch my  breath. I felt like i was dying. Like an elephant had just sat on my chest. Like i was drowning. I got up, still laughing hysterically, and excused myself out into the hallway. I walked down to the ice machine and bought myself a bottle of water from the vending machine. I stayed in the hallway for about ten minuets before i fully calmed down enough to go back in. 

"Look who decided she show up." Easton chuckled. She had finished her full face makeup and was putting on a nice shade of dark purple.

"Yup I'm back."   I shrugged. After I curled my hair and threw on a beanie I had in my suitcase I-- wait a second. That's Hagelin's beanie! I kept it by accident. I instantly felt guilty, but then full of anger because he never texted or called me back after i told him we made it to Toronto. 

"Has Hagelin called you recently?" She asked. I looked at my phone.

2:38pm

"No." I said flatly, "But this is your weekend not mine. I don't wanna bore you with my hockey love life." I shrugged.

"Em," she cooed.

"Nope. I'm okay." she waved me off, "What time's the game?" 

"It is at 5:30 i believe so Kesler will be here any moment now. I hope you're ready." She said tying her shoes. I nodded and went to get my own shoes. 

As soon as i got done putting my shoes on, there was a knock at the door. 

"Room service." A high pitched male voice said. Easton laughed and I chuckled. 

"Hello Kesler." I laughed as I opened the door. 

"Miss Emalie. How are you?" He asked.

"I am grand. How are you?" I smiled. 

"Quite wonderful as well. And Easton?" I motioned towards her.

"Fantastic." She smiled and walked over with her purse and phone in hand. 

"I'm ready if you are." I said, walking over to get my phone. 

"Me too." I heard East say.

"Alright, well, let's go then." Kesler chuckled. I checked my phone. 

2 message notifications 

One from Kuni and one from Hags. I opened the one from Kuni first.

From: Kuni 

I'm so sorry Em

Attachment: 1 photo 

It was my Hags with some other blonde chick making out at what seemed to look like a bar. I could feel my face get hot. I wanted to cry and punch the wall. I wanted to drive back home and take the next flight over to Cali. But, I didn't. I stood there while hot tears streamed down my face. I knew it. I stood there for a few seconds before opening the message from Hagelin.

From: Hags

I'm sorry.