Stephen Strange Imagine

"Dad! I'm going out for a little while!"

You exclaimed, before Stephen peaked his head out from the kitchen, and began shouting for you to wait. He ran out of the kitchen, holding his slimy hands before pressing a kiss to your forehead. "Please, drive carefully. It's been raining all day" he warned as you frowned. "Dad, I'll be fine. Can you stop worrying for once?" You playing punched his arm, before he tried to cross his arms, but realizing they were still covered with turkey grease and seasoning.

"Just please, be careful. That's all I'm asking" Stephen looked at you with such deep remorse in his green orbs. You were well aware of the amount of protection Stephen felt was necessary for you. Ever since you were a toddler, he's always kept you by his side, and never let out of his sight. Just the thought of losing you gave him nightmares.

"I promise, I'll be fine. I'll see you in a couple of hours" you pressed a soft kiss against his scruffily cheek, and smiled at him, before walking out of the apartment. Stephen went back to preparing the large Thanksgiving meal you were both soon to consume later that evening. Stephen was not only preparing turkey, but your favorite dishes.

After a few hours of waiting for you to come home, and spend the day with him, Stephen began to grow worried. He called your phone numerous times, waiting for you to answer, but after a few rings, it went to voicemail. Stephen was confused as to why you weren't answering you phone, until a sudden phone call from you made him immediately answer the phone.

"(Y/N)?" Stephen called out, hoping for your to answer. "Mister Strange, (Y/N) was in an accident!"

His whole world stopped. He had never threw on a jacket and a pair of slippers so fast in his life, and he's also never almost crashed into a pole 10 times. He sped to the hospital and ran into the ER, seeing a group of your friends who all looked battered and bruised. They stood up at the sight or your distressed father, and all began muttered inaudible apologies.

Stephen pushed past them, and saw Christine holding your file. Her red puffy eyes giving away more than words could even hint towards; you weren't going to live.

Christine explained the event that had happened to your father, as he trudged into your hospital room, tears spilling out of his eyes like a leaky faucet. He gripped onto your frail hand tightly, observing the raw, split skin that was glistening with Neosporin. The rather large tube that was sticking from your mouth shattered him, he was utterly broken. You were missing chunks of hair, the heart monitor tracked your slow heartbeats, and he counted all of the bruises and cuts you had. Christine explained how it would be a miracle if you woke up with no brain damage, or if you even woke up at all.

Stephen pressed his thumbs against your temples and closed his eyes, feeling the wind getting knocked out of him, and feeling his astral self come to life, while watching yours struggle to figure out what's going on. You frantically looked at your transparent self, struggling to comprehend the events that were occurring.

"(Y/N), calm down" Stephen grabbed your hands, and looked at you squirm around in the air, but pausing to look at him. "D-Dad, am I dead?" You asked him in the most frightened tone, he cocked his head to the side slowly, before placing a hand against your cheek. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked, looking straight into your eyes, wanting a truthful answer.

"I was being an idiot, and I drove my friends off the road. I-I didn't have my seatbelt on," you paused, ashamed to even look at Stephen "I-I-I can feel everything. The blood dripping down my head, m-my skull cracking, skin tearing" you began to quietly sob.

"Im so sorry" you whimpered, looking up at him. Stephen was speechless, the words he wanted to say refused to exit his body, leaving him to only stutter with slight mumbles for answers. "I-I'm gonna fix this" he hummed, pulling out a shiny metal object from his large pocket. A green mist emerged from his finger tips, as he used the Eye of Agamotto.

You looked at your transparent hands become invisible, as your astral body began to dissolve into nothing but a faint white mist. Stephen could feel his strong powers emerge off of his body and into the Eye, before he shut his eyes from a slight ache beginning to form in his head. In a second, he opened his eyes, looking around the sterile hospital room, still in his pajamas, but no sign of you.

"Stephen," Christine called out, hoping to grab his attention. "Stephen." She called out again, more sternly this time. Stephen turned around, and looked at his colleague. "Shouldn't you be at home, with (Y/N)?" Christine asked, as a pang of happiness sprung within Stephen. "Y-Yes. Yes I-I should" Stephen said, looking down at the Eye of Agamotto.

Christine chuckled and crossed her arms. "Is that one of your weird toys again?" Christine asked, Stephen quickly laughed it off, and shoved it in his pocket, quickly nodding. A strong vibration came from Stephens pocket, and he quickly pulled out his phone, seeing your contact appear on the screen. He excused himself from Christine, sliding the answer button and pressing the phone against his ear.

"Hey dad, what time are you coming home? I was kind of hoping I could go out?"

. . .

"NO!"