Chapter 6

I sighed and threw my bag on the sofa. It had been a long day at school, and especially when I told Key what me and the girls were away for.

"Omo! You must have impressed her thorughly. My brother told me she can be quite harsh at times."

 Key explained as we all sat on the grass. It was lunchtime, the first chance we actually got to chat with each other. During break, Octopus was asked to stay behind because she had misunderstood the concept of drawing a 'happy place' and instead drew an dark alley with smoke rising out of it. Octopus told the teacher it was meant to be the inside of her garden shed and got away with drawing a depressing picture whilst the me and others drew beaches and parks and other crap like that. Because of all this, we had to wait for her. Silly sausage.

I shrugged at Key's reaction and turned back to my sandwich, only to find a bite missing. It was my favourite sandwich; prawns, lettuce and seafood sauce. The bite that was missing was not in MY stomach. Something was 100% wrong with this world.

"Alright, who did it?" I asked, pulling a face and looking at everyone, one by one, hoping to send The Guilty One on a field trip of shame. I heard supressed laughing coming from next to me. Sure enough, Minho had burst out laughing.

"You owe me a bite of a sandwich, you know. I wouldn't be too happy." I said and grabbed the remains of the sandwaich before any else could get their grubby mitts on it. Shame. They she be setting an example for younger people. *Waves and points at self.*

I noticed I had two missed calls fromm someone in particular....my mother. Crap.

I pressed the button and let it run through the voicemails Mum had left whilst I went to the fridge to get a drink. I'm glad I don't have to share with my brother, he always drinks out of the carton, not giving me that privilage. Now I'm out, I can drink out of it whenever I like. ANYWAY. I seemed to have been side-tracked from the voicemails and ranted about cartons.....Sorry.

"Hey Honey, its me, Mum." Well, I already guessed that part. "Your brother got into an accident-he's in a bit of a state. We're at Orangeblossom State Hospital now if you wanted to see him. I know things have been kind of awkward between you recently, but he'd really like it if you came."

 I have two older brothers; Olly, the respectable older brother that helped me with my homwork when I was younger, taught me how to do my times tables, helped me out with collage appilications (he actually chose St Agnes'. I am forever in his debt.) and all that other crap. Then there is Mikkah, who was always really close with me, since Dad left when I was three. He gave me piggybacks, taught me how to ride a bike, rollerblade, ice skate, all the sporty stuff. Recently, he became distant with me, taking his dinner to his room, blaring his music loud. Last time I saw him was when I confronted him.

"Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, a hint of worry in my voice. I was so desparate to please him back then.

I stared at him; a slim figure, leaning against his bedroom door frame. He shook his head, fringe falling in his eyes.

"Well, it's kind of obvious I have. What is it? I'll make it up to you.." He looked up and gave me such a dirty look, germs would shrink back in disgust.

"You can't really undo it now. You've been the good little girl all along-too late to go back now. You're innocent, you're smart, you have it so easy in school you don't even know it. Its really annoying."

I was taken aback. Frankly, I was hurt. Really badly.

"Well maybe if you weren't so cold with people, you would have it easier in school too." That's when it kicked off.