3

Jaquan Miller ^ (Javonte's son)

"What do you want little man," I questioned Jaquan, my son as he looked on the menu.

"Lemme get a number three with fries and a strawberry milkshake ." He spoke.

"Anything for you sir ." The girl said looking up at me. I smirked licking my lips.

"Let me get them digits ." She blushed making her dimples come out. She was pretty with her light skin ass, she has to be young. She handed Quan's bag and drink, giving her my phone she put in her number in my phone.

"Nice to meet you, Queen ." I laughed walking off with Quan.

"Can I come with you to your hearing ?" Quan asked shoving a handful of fries into his mouth.

"Sure little man ." Pulling up to the house, we got out going into the house.

I wish King did what the fuck I told him instead of fucking around and left his body at the scene. Now they want to give me life. But I think that's the only reason to get me behind bars since I'm a drug lord.

"Hey baby," Lauren said hugging Jaquan.

"Hey, Mom." He mumbles into her chest.

"Hey, Javonte ." She glanced up. I gave her a head nod as I ambulate passed her into the room

"Why you always acting like that every time I come around ?" She questioned following behind me. I turned around to her as if she had five heads.

"You fucked another nigga while with me and decided to be with him. What do you expect me to do? Be googling eyes over your ass again ." I yelled punching the wall beside her, she jumped.

"Just leave. I'll drop Quan off after my hearing tomorrow ." I said calmly, she nods and leaves. My head was so damn fucked up, the last thing I need is her ass around messing with me.

* * * *

"Get up Jay. We going to be late ." Mom said shaking me.

Getting up from the bed, the clock read 10 in big bold lights.

"Shit ." I cursed under my breath.

Mom had my suit laid out with my red tie and everything. After taking a shower and getting dressed I slipped on a Rolex, chain, and diamond studs to match. Ya nigga was looking fly than a mother fucker for sure. Jogging downstairs, Mom and Quan waiting for me at the door. We locked up the house and left.

"For someone being faced with jail time your sure happy ." My mom said getting into the car.

"I know I'm not going to be locked up because she knows what she's doing," I replied pulling out the drive-through.

Janet Miller ^ ( Javonte's Mom )

Fifteen minutes later we pulled up at the courthouse. I could feel the eyes of police officers pierce through me. As I entered the room, the smell of fresh wood and cheap cologne tickled my nose. The three of us went to our side of the enormous room.

"What's this," picking up the folder with "Montana" on it.

"Give me that ." She said trying to snatch it but I moved it from her reach. It was pictures of his dead bloody body laying on the ground.

"Thank you. I bet you are very happy to view his body once again " She whispered snatching the folder out my hand.

"You sure right ." I laughed taking a seat beside her. As she fixed her papers I couldn't help to take a glance at her well-figured body. The way her curves fit perfectly in her black dress. Can't even front she been wifey since day one, she just doesn't know it.

// Angel Smith //

"All rise ." The bailiff said. I glimpsed over at Javonte who was still sitting down in his chair. "Stand up," I whispered looking down at him.

"No, I'm good Ma ." He said leaning back in the chair. Rolling my eyes the bailiff noticed and went on with what we had to say.

"You may be seated ." The clerk said as we sat down. I looked to my right to see Connor, my ex. He is the cockiest prick you could ever meet. We dated back in law school but soon broke up after I caught him talking to some bitch. His family is a bunch of racist rednecks who used to always talked down on me. I know he still loves me, he just wants to make his family happy and keep it like that.

"Your Honor, ladies, and gentlemen of the jury. The defendant has been charged with the murder of Montana Ricardo Johnson. The evidence will show that a 2015 black Corvette was at the scene the night of October 5th. The next day the defendant was arrested driving the same car that fit the description. The evidence I present will prove to you that the defendant is guilty ." Conner smirked.

"Your Honor, ladies, and gentlemen of the jury. Under the law my client is innocent until proven guilty. During this trial, you will hear no real evidence against my client. You will come to know the truth that Javonte Miller did not kill victim Montana Ricardo Johnson. Therefore my client is not guilty ." I turned to Connor who now had a frown on his face.

* * * *

Two hours already passed and everything was going pleasant. The only proof they had was the car. No fingerprints, no witness, nothing.

"I mean if we were speaking, Mr. Miller was charged with trespassing and assault two years ago. What makes him so innocent to take the life of Mr. Johnson. Whoso happens to have connections with him ." Connor walked around on the floor talking to the jury.

"I object your honor ." I stood.

"Once again, where is the proof. Montana and Javonte's father knew each other but that don't mean they were cool ." I said walking up to the floor.

"That would give him the motive to kill him. They didn't see eye to eye ." Connor walked closer to me laughing.

"Nobody knew nothing until gunshots went off that night. So unless you got a picture of the licenses plates I suggest you - ."

"Order in the court. Order in the court ." Judge Ben said banging his wooden gavel. Crossing my arm I walked back to my seat.

"Take fifteen and we will say ." He said leaving the stand. Putting my hand over my face I sighed. "Just admit it, Angel. You are not fit for it ." Connor said hovering over me.

"Go before I forget where I'm at. Our relationship didn't teach you that I'm crazy ." I didn't even look up because if I did I would attack his ass.

"Must be your ex," Javonte said chuckling to himself.

"Just shut the fuck up," I said through my teeth pointing my pen at his throat.

"You ain't going to do shit with that pen. Remember why we in this courtroom Ma ." He laughed lowering the pen. Stabbing it in his leg he grunts in pain holding onto his thigh.

"I won't do what? That's what I thought ." I said packing my stuff up. Judge Ben came back into the court taking the stand.

"Will the jury foreperson please stand? Has the jury reached a unanimous verdict ?" He said looking over at the jury. One person stood up and said yes walking over to the clerk handing him the paper.

"The jury finds the defendant not guilty ." The clerk read.

"The jury is thanked and excused. The court is adjourned ." The Judge said leaving the stand. Everyone left out the courtroom

"Aye thanks," Javonte said getting up from his chair. "Mhm," I said putting my papers into my suitcase.

"Damn yo ass can't say your welcome ." He said with a stank face.

"You wanted help and you got it ." With that, I walked out of the courtroom.