C h a p t e r 23

// Angel Smith //

"What about your kids ?" I decided to stay in the hospital over night just to keep an eye on Mara and make sure she's okay . She explained her childhood which gave me a big understanding of why she had so much hate toward Mom . "I have a son , Riley Quincy Jackson . He's ten right now ." She smiled as if she was thinking about him . "A lot of people say he look like me just because of our eyes , but he favor his dad more ." She laughed looking at the TV . "Reggie must be his dad ." She nodded her head moving around in the bed . "I wasn't mad , he could do but so much to save me . I knew they threaten him which made our connection deeper . He was there when I was close to taking my life away ." Her eyes got low as tears began to fall down from her cheeks .

"I just wanted to know why was I treated different . Like why I had to go through that ." She cried softly wiping away her tears forcefully . Getting up from my chair walking over to her bed , I wrapped my arms around her . "Look at me ." I said shaking her lightly making her glance up at me . "I know what you been through was tough but everything happen for a reason . You sitting around crying about it is not going to do nothing . You can't change what happen in the past but only focus on what's going on now . Them men took something from you that you can never get back , but you shouldn't waste the rest of my life on it ." I said hugging her tighter .

"Now I know Mom was wrong but you can't stay mad forever . The longer you hold that nasty grudge , the longer your going to stress yourself out . Forgive and let it go . For me please ." I never been so happy to have a baby sister in my life and help her . "Okay ." She softly said hugging me back . "When we get back to Charlotte I'm going to put you in therapy which will be some time soon because my wedding coming up soon and I want you to be my maid of honor ."

"What ? Why me ?" She sound shocked pulling apart from me . "I mean you're my only sister and I want you to be apart of it ." She smiled hugging me tighter . "Thank you , thank you , THANK YOU !" She screamed hugging me . "Whatever ." I laughed hugging her back .

// Javonte Miller //

"What do you want little man ?" I looked over at CJ was was just staring at me with spit bubbles coming out his mouth . "I forgot you can't talk ." I sighed typing more on the computer . I never knew being a parent all over again is this fucking hard . When we had Quan , Lauren spent the most time with him as in caring for him while I was out making the dope for us . Now that Angel been gone for over two months I been the one caring for CJ . Hearing the door bell , I grabbed my gun taking it off safety mode . "I'll be back little man ." I glanced over at him as he looked confused as fuck . Slowly creeping to the door , I stopped to wait to hear something . "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR , IT'S REGGIE NIGGA !" He yelled banging on the door . Snatching it open , I aimed my gun at his temple .

"Don't do that shit . Ever ." I growled removing the gun from his head . "But I can't say the word nigga . How cruel can you get ?" Quan said from in front of him as another boy followed him into the house . "Keep talking , punch you dead in yo throat ." I threaten him eyeing him . "Sorry for my father actions , he can be a nut head ." Quan said to the boy putting his hand to his head shooting it . "That's it ." I said taking my belt off chasing him around the house . "NO DAD . STOP !" He screamed running away from me . Snatching him by his collar , I wrapped my arm around his neck making him struggle to breathe . After ten seconds , I let go just so we didn't have to take a trip to the hospital . "This is Riley ." Reggie said pointing to the little boy Quan came into the house with . He looked just like Reggie .

"What's up little man ." I held my hands out for him to shake it . He smirked daping me up . "I already know we going to have a great bond ." Riley laughed letting go of my hand . Little nigga only been in the house for two minutes and I'm already liking him . "You sure this is your son ." I looked over at Reggie who was now mugging me . "Yes nigga ." He rolled his eyes walking to the living room as Quan followed him . "Both of ya'll fake ." Quan stuck his tongue out leaving the two of us at the front door . "I swear they in their feelings ." Riley rolled his eyes shaking his head . "Already liking you little dude . Come and meet my little nigga CJ ." He nodded his head following me to my work room .

Short Chapter

A/N : I have been busy lately with school so I decided to post the last couple of chapters leading up to the completion of this book .

Will I be doing a sequel ? Of coarse .

Vote , Comment , And Share Please