C h a p t e r 22

Layla , Zalina , and Renee stayed at the house cleaning and setting it back up . While Brandy , Jas , and I stayed in the hospital waiting for someone to update us on Mara . "Family of Xiomara Johnson ." A tall white man came out with an clipboard . Quickly standing up we stood around him so anxious to know if she's okay . "She's perfectly fine right now . A little stitches here and there and that's it . We have some detectors in her room right now questioning her about the accident . This is her room number ." He handed us a paper before walking away . Going to the room , we opened the door seeing two detectors in there asking her questions . One was a brown skin man and the other one was Philippine . "We'll come back then ." The brown skin man said leaving out the room as the other one followed .

"Angel ! My baby are you okay ?" Mom came running into the room hugging me . Hugging her back , I pulled apart . She smiled turned into a frown once she saw Mara lying in the bed eyeing the TV . "Can ya'll please give us a minute ?" I said , Jas and Brandy nodded their heads leaving out the room . It was dead silent as the three of us stared at one another . "Xiomara ." Mom said slowly walking up to her . "Leave ." She said making Mom stop moving . "What ?" Mom frowned sounding confused .

"I don't need your no good ass trying to come back into my life once again ." She blurted out cutting her low eyes over at us . "I don't know who the hell you are talk to like that , I'm your mother and until I die your not going to talk to me like that ." Mom said back mugging Mara . Mara looked at her like she was crazy sitting up in the hospital bed .

"Mother ? A mother don't leave her child with another man while she raise her other kids . A MOTHER don't hide and lie to her love ones about being pregnant with another man child that's not her husband . A FUCKING MOTHER is in a child life . YOU FUCKING LEFT ME ! I WAS RAPED AND BEATEN ALL BECAUSE OF YOU ! I LOST THREE OUT OF FOUR OF MY BABIES FROM BEING BEATEN ! I WAS LEFT FOR DEATH JUST BECAUSE I LOOKED TOO MUCH LIKE MY SO CALLED MOTHER ! And you have the nerves to come in here like I pushed you away ." She cried out as she let out all of her emotions . "I think it would be best if you come another time ." I said low from behind her . She quickly turned around to me feeling guilty for what she have done .

Not saying another word , she walked out the room closing the door behind herself . Walking up to Mara's bed , I got into the bed wrapping my arms around her . "I'm here for you ." I said as she placed her head on my chest crying her heart out . "Why me ?" She coughed up sniffing . "Shh ." Was all I said rocking her back and forth until she fell asleep .

Xiomara Johnson ^

Xiomara Johnson ^

// Javonte Miller //

"Reggie ." I said throwing a pillow at him . He jumped up from the couch rubbing his eyes . "Come on sleepy head , we going to my mom house to get Quan and CJ ." Grabbing my keys , he followed me out of the house to the car . Getting in , I turned it on before leaving . "What happen to the girls come back yesterday ?" He asked going through his phone . "Angel and Mara fought and they found out they were half sisters . She's in the hospital with her right now ." Jas called me up and explain the whole situation how Mara locked them out the house and they fought . "Ya'll two had a close relationship ?" I looked over at Reggie as he started playing with his fingers .

"When I was three I guess Angel's mom and Jose was dating and she end up pregnant . She gave birth and Jose kept the baby . Growing up they didn't like me because I wasn't their real brothers and they didn't like Mara because she was Jose's one and only daughter . He treated her special up until he started doing cocaine and that's when things started getting bad . One day I came home from school to see Jose and Will raping and beating her . I couldn't do nothing because Montana , Brad , and Kobe threaten to kill me . She got pregnant four times and every time they found out they forced her to have a abortion but she refused and they beat her to death making her lose the babies . We end up talking about her problem one night and one thing lead to another and we did it . She ran away from home that night and didn't come a year later ." He said clearing her throat .

"She had a baby ?" I asked looking over at him pulling up in the drive through to my mom house . "Yea . He's eleven right now . Riley Quincy Jackson ." He said looking over at me . Cutting the car off , we both got out walking up to the front door . "Where is he ? He can stay with us ." I said as we heard the door unlocking and the door getting swung open to Quan bad ass . "What's up nigga ." Quan laughed daping Reggie up . "Jaquan ." Cutting my eyes at him making him frown . "How you can curse up a storm and I can't say . Nigga . " He crossed his arms mugging me . "Say it again and I'm going to beat yo ass ." I growled walking into the house pushing him out my way . "Nigga is not a curse word last time I checked ." He said from behind me . "Jaquan Ezekiel Miller , keep on trying me if you bad ." With that , he shut up . "Hey Mom ." I said hugging her . "Hey sweetie ." She smiled turning to me smacking my arm .

"Ouch , the fuck was that for ." I whined rubbing my arm . She know her licks hurt like hell with them heavy ass hand . "Stop cursing in my damn house and leave my grand baby alone ." She pointed at me walking over to CJ's downstairs crib . I don't see why she even have three fucking cribs in her house knowing good well she don't be around the baby like that . And for Quan she know he ain't no damn baby . "Keep babying that grown nigga like that , watch he gone get spoiled and I won't know what to do with him ." Sitting down on the couch going through my phone . "Oh Mom this is Reggie ." I pointed to him as he stood right there staring at us . It was dead silent , too quiet for me . "Why ya'll dead quiet ?" I asked looking up at Mom and Reggie .

"Javonte , Reggie is your brother ." Looking at her like she was crazy , I looked back at Reggie who was caught off guard too . "It have been on my mind lately every since your dad died and I didn't know how to tell you ." She said taking a seat next to me . "Lance is his dad ." I said staring at him . She slowly nodded her head trying to wrap her arms around me . "Cool ." Was all I said nodding my head . "You not mad ?" She said shocked getting up from the couch . "What is there for me to say ? Jas and I kinda knew ya'll was gone fuck soon ." I shrugged getting up from the couch walking over to CJ crib . "Hey little man ." Picking him up , I grabbed his bag from out the crib and his milk bottle . "I just want to spend time with my little man , I'll be back later ." Was all I said walking out the house .

Reggie Jackson ^

Reggie Jackson ^

I didn't have no feeling towards Reggie being my brother , how am I suppose to feel toward someone I didn't know about . Putting CJ in his car seat and bag beside him , I got into the car starting it up . Getting a call , I looked to see it was from Angel . "What's up ." I said backing out the drive through . "What about this wedding ?" She said low into the phone . "Hold on until Mara get out of the hospital and ya'll get your wedding dress . Ace and King should be over there tomorrow morning making plans and connections for the wedding ." I said getting onto the interstate . "When are you coming ?" She asked .

"I don't know . I just found out Reggie is my half brother . Then Troy getting out soon ." I was trying my best not stress myself about it but I can't help it . Layla been blowing my line up every single day about the nigga .

"How's CJ ?" She asked breaking the weird silent . Turning around taking a quick glance at him as he was sleeping in his car seat . "His bad self fell asleep ." I chuckled turning back around eyeing the road . "I miss him so much ." She whined in my ear . CJ and Angel have a close bond that no one could break . I remember when he was released from the hospital everyone held him and he did nothing but cried and fuss , but once he was in Angel's arm he was calmed . You can say I'm a little jealous . "Oh shut up ." I said laughing rolling my eyes . "I have to go , see you soon ."

"Okay ." I said hanging up the phone .