C h a p t e r 17

"This nigga pussy ." I sighed leaning back in my seat passing the blunt to King . We was spying on this nigga Reggie , Lauren no good boyfriend on what he do . Come to find out he work for the cartel . Long story short my dad wanted to work side with their father , Mr . Jose . Things went down and they both was murdered and Montana , Jose's son felt like it was my fault . So I murdered him because he was in my way of making my money . Every since then his brothers been coming after me . Basically they using Lauren to get information on me . "Yo listen to this ." King handed me a ear phone that was tracked and connected to a small mic he set up earlier . "I don't want to kill her . I mean she's pregnant with his baby ." Reggie said to Will . "Dad didn't raise no pussy and you not about to be one . Montana , Kobe , and Brad is dead , DEAD and you over here not wanting to kill his bitch and baby ."

Will punched him in his face making him stumble back a little . "You either do something or Xiomara and I will ." He growled walking away from him into the storehouse . "Learn something new everyday ." King shrugged taking his earbuds out .

// Angel Smith //

"Oh my god girl it's so big ." Mara said holding my hand out looking at the ring . "I know right ." I laughed . "My nigga and I been together for the longest and his ass still haven't asked the question ." She rolled her eyes taking a seat on the couch . "Yea I can't wait until we move out of this state , it's too much mess going on ." It's not that I don't like it here , it's a lot of Jay business here that put me in more danger and I don't want my kids to grow up in it . I kinda want Austin to stop and do something with his life but I understand the whole thing once you in you can't get out unless you die . "You cool with his baby mother ?" She asked going through her phone .

"I mean we on the same page , I think ." I really didn't know . One day we could be cool then the next time I see her she would be ready to fight me . "We need to go out ." Mara said getting up from the couch smiling at me . "Yea , what about tomorrow night . I have to work on this case and I want to be ready for it next week ." She nodded her head walking over to me .

"What's the name ?" She asked looking over my desk . "Um Rashad James ." I looked up at her as she shrugged her shoulders . "I'll text you the address and time boo ." With that she left out my office . Hours went by and soon it was time for me to go . Cleaning up my office I locked up my office leaving out to go home .

* * * *

"You stupid ." I laughed handing my cup to Layla . Brandy , Jasmine , Layla , Mara , and I were at the club . "Mane he's not gone know ." She giggled as a fine light skin dude came up to her grinding up on her . I knew the drink was kicking in because she don't normally act like this , especially when she's with Troy . "Come on girl you need to go home before Troy catch a case with you ." I said grabbing her arm . "I'll see you at the office tomorrow ." I told Mara , saying my goodbyes to everyone else before we left .

"I don't want to be with Troy ." She pouted poking her bottom lip out . "You don't mean that Lay , ya'll love each other ." Getting into the car I backed out leaving the club . "I'm not happy with him . He's so controlling and abusive ." She whined trying to hold back tears . Stopping the car I looked over at her as she looked lifeless . "He lay hands on you ?" I questioned parking the car in the middle of the road . Nodding her head she let a tear fall down her face . "Every since I lost our baby he been acting different . Like he don't love me no more . H-he rub in my face about all the girls he fuck and how he can easily leave me for someone else ." She wimped out wiping her tears away . Layla is the baby sister I never had . Even though she act wild at times I'm always going to ride for her .

To hear the things Troy do to her make me mad . Starting the car back up driving fast not caring if I broke the damn law I was just driving . She laid her head back closing her eyes . "You have to leave him ." I said looking over at her . "I can't ." She mumbled as she tried to control her sobs . "Why ?" What absolutely can this no good nigga hold against her not to leave .

"I'm pregnant ."