C h a p t e r 28

// Angel Smith //

"You look so beautiful ." Mom laughed wiping away her tears . Staring at myself in the body mirror as I began to fix my blusher veil . "You promised me you wouldn't cry ." I turned to her as she blew her nose . "I know , but it's not the same as your brother wedding . I been waiting for this moment every since you were born ." She fanned herself keeping from her tears falling . "Are you almost ready ?" Jas came into the room looking between Mom and I . "How do this look ?" I did a full 360 of my dress . "YASS BIH SLAY !" She clapped her hands . I blushed . "Sorry for interrupting you ladies ." I heard a deep voice that I haven't hear in a long time . Looking up I saw Dad . Jas and Mom excused themselves out the room . "You look nice Ashanti ." He said looking at Mom butt as she walked away . "Bye David ."

Laughing to himself , he closed the door before walking over to where I was at . Taking a seat across from be , he looked down at my hand then back up at me . "Angel , I'm sorry for whatever hate you have against me from over the years but forgive me ." A tear fell out his eye as his brown eyes stared into mines . "How ? Huh ." I choked up fanning my eyes from messing up my makeup . "You let them men do that to me , I was only ten and you didn't care ." When I was younger he used to be a drug dealer and do all those evil bad things to people just like Jay but worse . He would force me to do things to older guys just so he can make more money and get to his enemies easier . Once he got with his new wife , he changed and became a business man just like her family . "You , you treated them better than you do Austin , Daniel , or I ."

Standing up , I looked at him shaking my head . "I'll walk myself down to my man , you can go back home with your white family ." He parted his mouth but soon closed it . "I wish ya'll the best then ." He stood up from the chair walking out the room . Stopping at the door , he turned to me . "I love you Angel ." With that he left .

* * * *

Jas and I watched at Eva walked down the aisle throwing red and purple pedals in a glittery purple dress . Since Mara was the Maid of Honor and Reggie was Jay Best Man , they walked together . Then it was King and Renee , Ace and Zalina , Jas and Brandon , and Danny and Brianna . He begged me to be some part of the wedding so I let him and Brianna .

K-Ci and Jojo X All My Life played as I walked down the aisle . All eyes were on me .

"This is a dream ." I thought as I took deep breath trying to keep myself from crying right now . Handing my flowers to Mara making her smile . " Friends , we have joined here today to share with Angel and Javonte an important moment in their lives . Their time together , they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one ." The officiant said looking between the two of us then out to the crowd .

" Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all , it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community . It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self . It is not to be entered into lightly , as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another . This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you . "

Looking over to my right , I saw Quan walk down the aisle with our rings on a beautiful designed pillow . "You did that ?" I asked Jay as he smiled at me . Nodding his head , I covered my mouth . Quan handed me Jay ring and Jay my ring . Sliding the ring on my left hand , I did the same for Jay . " Javonte , do you take this woman to be your wedded wife ? Do you promise to love her , comfort her , honor and keep her in sickness and in health , remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live ?"

" Yes ."

" Angel , do you take this man to be your wedded husband ? Do you promise to love him , comfort him , honor and keep him in sickness and in health , remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live ?"

"Yes ." I blushed .

" By the power vested in me by the State of Jamaica , I now pronounce you Angel and Javonte . You may now kiss the bride . I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Miller " He said closing the bible . "Angel Jamie Miller sound so good coming off my tongue ." Jay joked playing me close . "Just shut up and kiss me ." I laughed . Pulling my veil as he licked his lips had me feeling warm inside . Gunshot began to go off and the only thing I could remember is Jay pulling us behind a table. I glance down at the blood stain on my dress before passing out .