C h a p t e r 26

// Angel Smith //

"I GOT IT !" Renee yelled walking to the front door . All seven of us was in the living room watching some scary movie they put on . "Dumb ass hoe . Why the fuck would you go into the house when you saw the "Don't Come In" sign ." Kayla said shaking her had as if the white girl could hear her . "Hello ." I heard Danny voice from behind me . "DANNY !" I screamed getting up from the couch running over to him hugging him . "Hey Angie ." He laughed hugging me back . Pulling away I hugged Briana who was right beside him . "Hey Mom ." My smiled turned into a frown . "I think you and Mara need to talk ." I said glancing over at Mara getting up from the couch walking out the back door . Nodding her head , she followed behind her .

// Xiomara Johnson //

"What do you want ? Ashanti ." I wasn't in the mood to even talk to her after everything that been going on lately . I miss my son and the last thing I want to do is talk to this bitch . "I know your mad but at least just listen ." I looked back at her laughing a little bit . "Explain what . That you left me and only came back for me when you felt like your life was up to part ."

"Xiomara ." She said holding her hand out . It have been a while since someone called me by my real name other than Mara or X . "Do their father know about me ?" I asked crossing my arms . She looked down at the ground shaking her head slowly . "You just like her ." I laughed shaking my head . "You hate the fact she did you wrong and that I favor her so much that you would do the same shit she done to you ." My grandma , Ashanti's mother always loved me the most out of the four of us . When she was thirteen her dad slept with her and she end up pregnant and that's when she had Ashanti . She hated Ashanti so much the fact she looked just like her father . She soon ran away and her parents took care of her .

Once Ashanti got up in age he soon started to mess around with her the same way he did Grandma . That's when Angel's dad , Ashanti's boyfriend at the time found out about it and moved her from Mississippi to New York and they started a family . Once I was born she had so much hate toward Grandma that she tore us apart and made me suffer like Grandma made her suffer for them years . "Watch your mouth . I'm still your damn mother and your not going to talk to me any kind a fucking way ." She growled cutting her eyes up at me . "Oh now your my mom . YOU CAN SUCK MY - !" Before I could finished she slapped me . "I MADE A MISTAKE XIOMARA ! DAMMIT ! I was so mad at David that Jose spoke his words into my panties . She's gone . Somewhere rotten in hell for what she put me threw . You can drop that shit just for Angel or hold it balled in . Because after this wedding you don't have to see or hear from me ."

With that she walked back into the house . Hearing my phone going off , I answered it . "Mommy ." Rodger voice rang in my ear making me smile a little . "Hey baby ." I laughed a little wiping away my tears . "Why do you sound sad Mommy ?" His voice got soft . "Oh nothing baby , just miss you that's all . How everything over there ?" I didn't want to tell my ten year old son about the complicated relationship between Ashanti and I . "I meet my cousin Jaquan , but he go by Quan . Him and Dad are mad right now that Jay and I have a close bond and that they act light skin ." He laughed into the phone . "Well baby I talk to you later then ."

"Xiomara ." I heard Reggie deep voice . "Yes ." I began to feel myself choking up . "What happen ?" I couldn't hold it in anymore . "Baby so much been going on that I feel overwhelmed without you by my side ." I cried out putting my phone on speaker while I ball my eyes out . "Baby listen to me . Don't let none of that get to you . We'll be there in a couple days , and you can spend all the time you want with Rodger and I . Okay ?" He said calming me down a little . "Oh - Okay ." I wimped wiping my tears away . "It's late . Go take yo sexy ass to bed ." Chuckling a little I said good night before hanging up . I really need therapy soon .