NF• Ika-Tatlumpu't Anim.

••

Nyegie's POV

••

Ever since I met my wife, my world changed. I remember the time when I forced her to be my girlfriend, that was funny. I was really immature that time. Then the time she left me, I was broken. I thought she won't be back anymore but no, she returned. She returned with our children and that was one of the happiest moments in my life that ever happened to me.

However, everyone's life is not easy. Whether you are rich or poor, there will always be a time you'll experience the great Gehenna. I thought it will only be the time when we had fight between Angelique Santillan but I was wrong. That misery I think wasn't enough for us afterall.

Because now, I feel like I was being devoured by a chasm of agony and pain.

Was it wrong to cry like a madman? I have been stopping my own tears from falling from my eyes but it won't stop cascading. Was it wrong too if I can't stop myself punching the innocent wall to let out my anger? my pain? It was my only way to avoid making everyone out here a punching bag.

My wife is dying. She is dying, again. I don't know what to feel anymore. Whether to break on my knees and accept the possibility that she will really die or believe on her because for how many times the death visits her, she won't really go with him. She always survives back then but everytime something bad happens to her, I don't have the assurance that she will live. I am always afraid that she will leave me. Us. That she will never wake up and will never beat her heart to life.

I suddenly felt a hand gripped my blood covered fist.

"Gie, huminahon ka na naman oh."

It was Brian. My bestfriend and my cousin Brian Lafonso. He had his pleading voice but how can I follow what he wants if I can't even stop hurting myself that can only make me realize that this is reality. The reality that my wife is really dying out there in the surgery room for how many fvcking hours now! I don't even know!

"Magiging maayos lang si Hell. Lalaban 'yon, Nyegie. Matigas si Hell. Manalig ka lang sa kaniya."

I stared at her. Kaydee. No matter how much she want her words to be truthful, I can see it in her eyes that she was doubting her own words. She was afraid too. She was afraid that my wife won't really wake up there.

"No--No--No! It's been six freaking hours already! She's been there for six hours!" I switch my gaze from Kaydee to Maxine who keeps on walking mindlessly while her eyes were bloody red from crying. "I really want to freaking curse the world right now but it won't help! Ahh! I am going crazy! I think I should take my shotgun and shoot that Angelo! Gosh! Ramdam na ramdam ko ang kumukulong dugo ko! Gosh! My blood pressure! My blood pressure!"

Lahat ng narito ay tulad ko, mababaliw na ata sa kakaisip sa asawa ko. Anim na oras na pala ang nakalipas mula nang isugod ni Felis ang asawa ko sa ospital at hanggang ngayon ay wala pa ni isang taong lumabas galing sa surgery room. It was making us insane. We are left here thinking the very possible outcome and we can't just calm ourselves. Espescially myself. I even think of jumping from the roof but when I think of it, it hurts.

Sky is missing here. He was on their department to surrender Angelo Santillan. Gelo, my friend. No. My friend before. I musn't forgot that he was the one who is responsible of these all. He was responsible that my wife is here. He hurt her. He fvcking tortured her! Did he don't know how I cared for my wife? I cared for her to the extent that I won't even let any mosquito to bite her! And he dared to really fvcking beat every possible way he can to her!? Shit! Just shit!