Chapter 5

Jane woke up after passing out on the couch it was 8:45 a.m. and Maura was going to be here any minute. Running up the stairs Jane stripped herself of her clothes tossing them about. She ran into the bathroom and turned the shower on. Jumping in she nearly screamed as the water was cold. Quickly turning the knob she felt as the water started to get warm. She quickly washed her hair then her body. Rinsing off she turned the water off and that was when the door bell rang. 

"Fuck!" Jane said as she got out wrapping a towel around her. Heading down the stairs Jane stopped wondering if she should just pretend she was sleeping and wait for Maura to leave. The door bell rang again.

"I'm coming." Jane said. She stopped at the door and opened it.

Maura looked at her and smiled. "Trying a new look for work?" Maura giggled.

"No just a late start." Jane said. "Come in so I can go up stairs and get dressed." Jane stepped back allowing Maura to come in.

Maura smiled as she walked into Jane's house. 

"I will be right back." Jane said.

"Alright I will be here." Maura said.

Jane headed up the stairs. Maura looked around the living room and you could tell that Jane  slept on the couch. The blanket was tossed on the floor. Maura smiled as she saw Jane's clothes from last night on the floor. 

Jane got dressed wearing a pair of black pants and a blue shirt.  Walking down the stairs Jane saw Maura standing there holding her boxers. Jane cleared her throat.

Maura dropped the boxers and quickly avoided eye contact with Jane. "I was just trying to tidy up." Maura said as she blushed.

"I was in a bit of a hurry. It's usually not like this." Jane said. "Are you ready?"

Maura turned to look at Jane. "Yes I'm ready."

Maura headed to the front door as Jane followed. Jane grabbed her leather jacket and quickly put it on as she followed Maura to her car.

"I would've called or something but I don't have your number." Maura said.

"It's fine." Jane said. "Are you asking for my number?" 

"Could I have it for if we have to car pool again?" Maura asked.

Jane smiled. "Give me your phone and I will put it in."

Maura reached into her pocket and handed her phone to Jane. Jane took it and punched in her number and handed it back to Maura. Maura stopped at the car.

"You okay?" Jane asked.

"Do you want to drive?" Maura asked.

Jane's eyes lit up. "You trust me?"

"Of course I do." Maura smiled as she tossed the keys to Jane.

Catching them Jane smiled. It was hard not to like Maura. Maura was sweet and kind. Jane went over to Maura and picked her up swinging her around. Maura laughed.

Jane put her back on her feet. "Sorry I just always wanted to drive one." 

Maura blushed. "It's okay." 

Jane walked over to the passenger side door and opened it for Maura. 

"Thank you." Maura smiled and got in.

Jane closed the door and walked to the drivers side door. Getting in Jane smiled. She started up the car and pulled out of the drive way. Heading towards work Jane felt the horsepower. She smiled as she sped up. Maura reached over and grabbed Jane's thigh. Jane pushed the pedal down farther going faster. 

"Slow down." Maura said.

Jane eased up and Maura let go of Jane's leg.

"Sorry." Jane said.

"Don't be." Maura smiled. "Sorry for grabbing your thigh."

"You don't have to be sorry for that." Jane smiled.

Pulling up at work Jane shut the car off and handed the keys to Maura. 

"Thanks for allowing me to drive." Jane said.

"You're welcome." Maura smiled. 

Getting out of the car Frost came over to her. 

"Jane what happened last night with you and M...?"Frost cut himself off once he saw that Maura was getting out of the passenger seat.

"We had a nice time." Jane said.

"Oh Jane tell him the truth." Maura cooed.

Jane caught on and smiled. "Oh no hot lips you tell him."

Maura blushed. "We had a threesome. It was hot and that's all you get." 

"No way." Frost said.

"Of course not. I don't kiss and tell." Jane said.

Frost frowned. "Not even your best friend."

"Nope sorry." Jane smiled. Jane could see it was bugging him. He kept shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"Frost, we didn't do anything I can promise you that." Maura smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "If you all need me I will be in the basement doing what I do best." 

Jane watched as Maura walked inside.

"I really do like her." Jane sighed.

"I'm surprised she can't see that you do." Frost said.

"I did catch her looking at my undergarments." Jane laughed.

"Whoa now this I want to hear." Frost said as he followed Jane inside.