Chapter 10

Jane wiped the tears from her eyes. Sighing she picked up the phone and called her ma.

"Hey sweetheart." Angela answered the phone.

"Hi ma." Jane sighed.

"What's going on?" Angela asked.

"I don't think I should be here ma. Maura had her girlfriend over and I accidentally walked in on them having sex. Her girlfriend looked at me and smiled. Ma, I violated Maura's privacy." Jane said.

"Does Maura know?" Angela asked.

"No. She thought she heard something but her girlfriend said it was Bass." Jane said.

"Bass?" Angela questioned.

"Yeah  a pet I guess." Jane sighed.

"Oh I thought it was a guitar or something." Angela said.

Jane laughed.

"Look honey, you and Maura are both adults. Don't keep nothing from her and be honest with her." Angela said.

"Like tell her how I feel?" Jane asked as she started to pace the room.

"Only if you want to honey I was talking about you walking in on her." Angela laughed.

"Be like oh Maura I walked in on you and Karen having sex. By the way you have a nice body." Jane said.

Angela laughed. "Maybe leave the last part out."

"Thanks ma. I knew I could count on you." Jane said.

"I love you baby. Get some rest." Angela said.

"I love you too ma. Thank you for allowing me to tell you what's on my mind." Jane said.

"You're welcome. Bye Janie." Angela said.

"Bye ma." Jane said as she hung up the phone. Just then Jane got a text from Maura saying Karen left and she could come over.

Jane opened the door and walked across the yard trying to figure out how to tell Maura she saw her having sex with Karen. There was no good way to tell Maura. What if she felt violated? What if she tells Jane to leave? Jane opened the door and walked in. Maura was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey." Maura smiled. Maura had on a silk night gown her boobs peered out over the top.

Jane looked at Maura. Her eyes stopped and she pulled out a chair across from Maura.

"Is something wrong?" Maura asked.

Jane swallowed. Her throat was dry. She closed her eyes then opened them. "I came over earlier." Jane sighed. "I saw you and Karen."

Maura opened her mouth. "Jane, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I just thought since it was late you may have fell asleep on the couch. So that's why I came out to the living room." Jane frowned.

"I'm sorry." Maura said as she stood up.

Jane watched her.

"Karen saw me." Jane said softly.

"She lied to me?" Maura asked.

"I think she wanted to tell me that your hers." Jane closed her eyes as the tears started to fall.

Maura stopped pacing and looked to see that Jane was crying. Why was she crying? She didn't do anything wrong. Maura went over to Jane and put a hand on her shoulder.

Jane turned to look at Maura. Maura reached up and wiped away Jane's tears.

"It's not your fault. It was an accident." Maura said.