Chapter 7

Frost pulled into a parking lot and Jane looked up to see where they were. The same sign she saw with Maura The Dirty Robber. Jane let out a loud sigh.

"Something wrong?" Frost asked.

"This is just where Maura and I came last night." Jane said.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know. I just know they have some good food." Frost said. "We can go somewhere else if that will be better."

"No they do have good food." Jane said. Opening the door Jane got out. 

Frost came over to her and grabbed her arm. "You know Jane I'm always going to be your best friend. I will do anything for you. I hope you know that."

Frost opened the door and instantly Jane fell over. By the time Jane started to wake she saw the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. The same set of eyes she saw across the bar.

"Jane are you okay?" Maura asked with concern as she held onto Jane.

Frost was knelt down on the other side of her.

Without thinking Jane reached up and touched Maura's face. Maura instantly turned red. Next thing you know Maura was ripped away from her.

"What the hell is that?" The woman raised her voice and was staring at Maura sternly.

Jane managed to get herself up. Her body tensed.

"She's a coworker Karen and a friend. I'm a doctor." Maura said.

"You a coroner." Karen groaned. "She's not your responsibility."

"She's a friend and I care about my friends." Maura said. Karen grabbed a hold of Maura's wrist. "Let's get out of here."

Maura stood still. "I'm not going anywhere."

Jane walked over to Maura. "Is there a problem?" Jane asked.

"Karen was just leaving." Maura said.

Karen huffed and shoved past Jane whispering softly. 

"What did you say?" Jane spun around her anger flared to it's fullest.

"You will see." Karen said as she walked out the bar.

"How are you feeling?" Maura asked.

"A little weak." Jane said.

"You two want to join me?" Maura asked.

"Sure." Jane smiled.

"What about the thing we talked about?" Frost asked.

"That's not going to happen." Jane said.

"What thing is that?" Maura asked.

"Frost wanted me to sleep in the same bed as him tonight. I think he's trying to convert me." Jane laughed.

"Ha very funny." Frost said.

Maura chuckled.

The waitress came over and took their order. It was the same waitress from the other night. Her smile lit up as soon as she saw it was Jane. As soon as the order was placed Maura looked at Jane and smiled.

"Looks like your girlfriend is here again." Maura laughed.

"No not my girlfriend." Jane said.

"She is all about you." Frost chimed in. "That cheesey grin was all for you Jane." Frost nudged her in the side.

"Again she's not my type." Jane laughed.

"I didn't know you had a type." Frost said.

Jane glared at Frost.