Chapter 13

Maura got on her phone and quickly called her lawyer.

"Alex Cabot's office." Alex voice said as she answered.

"Hey Alex it's Maura." Maura said softly.

"Maura hey hon what's going on?" Alex asked.

Maura explained the situation. "So basically they arrested Jane." Maura finished.

"Jane didn't do it?" Alex questioned.

"No. Alex, Jane is sweet. Soft and loving." Maura smiled as she thought about what her and Jane did last night.

"Do you like her?" Alex asked.

"Yes I like her a lot." Maura smiled.

"You know I will help you Maura. You were my best friend in college. Plus I want to meet the woman that has you so smitten." Alex said.

"Thanks Alex." Maura said and hung up the phone. She then grabbed Jane's phone from upstairs and called Jane's ma. On the third ring Angela picked up.

"Janie sweetheart did you finally ask Maura out?" Angela asked.

"Mrs. Rizzoli?" Maura asked.

"Yes who's this? What are you doing with Jane's phone?" Angela said.

"Mrs. Rizzoli it's Maura." Maura said.

"Oh Maura honey where's Jane?" Angela questioned.

"She wanted me to call you. She's been arrested. For something I know she didn't do." Maura said.

"What are they saying she did?" Angela asked.

"Murder of my ex girlfriend Karen." Maura said.

Angela was silent.

"Mrs. Rizzoli are you okay?" Maura asked.

"Korsak knows Jane wouldn't do such a thing. So why has she been arrested?" Angela asked.

"They found evidence in Karen's car that points to Karen being the one that burned down Jane's house." Maura said. "Also Jane and Karen got into last night over me."

"Jane's protective. She wouldn't hurt someone unless she had to. A self defense mechanism." Angela tried keeping her cool.

"Mrs. Rizzoli I am going to head over to be with her. Would you like to come?" Maura asked.

"I would love to." Angela said. Angela gave Maura her address.

"I will see you in about fifteen minutes." Maura said.

"See you then." Angela said as the phone went silent.

Maura then called her father Paddy Doyle. A gangster and a man on the run. When it came to his daughter he would protect her in anyway.

"Dad?" Maura said.

"Maura, sweetheart what's wrong?" Paddy could tell in her voice something was wrong.

"Karen was murdered and now they think that Jane my new girlfriend did it. Jane isn't like that." Maura began to cry.

"Honey I will find out who did it and take care of them." Paddy reassured Maura.

"Dad thank you." Maura said.

"You're welcome. You know I would do anything to help you." Paddy said.

"Please don't kill anyone though dad you know how I feel about that." Maura sighed.

"I know. I won't kill anyone I promise you. I will figure out who's trying to frame Jane. Once I do I will let you know." Paddy said.

Maura hung up the phone and grabbed her keys. She drove over to Mrs. Rizzoli's house. Angela was standing on the porch when Maura pulled up. Angela got into the car and drove to the precinct. Alex texted her saying she was already there and that Jane was a keeper.

"Thanks for the ride Maura." Angela said.

"You're welcome. I just don't want to do this alone. I'm trying to be strong for Jane. I care about your daughter." Maura said.

"I know you do. My daughter cares about you too. The night at the fire I told her to talk to you about how she felt. I never seen her act like this to anyone. I know Jane would never do anything like this." Angela smiled.

Maura pulled up to the precinct. Getting out they both headed inside. Jane was in a locked cage as Alex was standing there talking to her.

"Maura!" Jane walked past Alex and her eyes locked with Maura's.

"Your mother is here too!" Angela scolded.

"Hi ma." Jane said.

Alex looked at Maura. "I asked Olivia to help me out. I can get Jane released but Olivia is going to have to stay with her until we figure this out." Alex said.

"That's fine. Jane's been staying with me." Maura smiled.

Korsak came back with Olivia.

"Maura!" Olivia smiled and gave her a hug.

"Hey Liv." Maura said.

Korsak opened the cage and Jane stood there for a moment before she walked out. Maura ran to her. She threw her arms around Jane. Jane smiled as Maura pulled away and kissed her.

"Really?" Angela scoffed. "I'm right here. There's other people here too."

Olivia smiled and pulled Alex into a kiss.

"Well everyone's getting kissed but me." Angela laughed.

"I can always kiss you Mrs. Rizzoli." Frost said.

"Frost!" Jane said as she punched Frost in the arm.

"What Jane I was kidding." Frost laughed.

Everyone laughed. Olivia grabbed Jane's hand and shook it firmly. "We are glad Maura meant someone like you." Olivia smiled.

"She changed my life the moment I saw her." Jane smiled. "I'm starving. Can we get pizza and beer?"

"Of course." Maura smiled.

"She's my kind of chick." Olivia said.

"I don't share." Maura laughed and grabbed Jane's hand. "Let's all go back to my place and try to figure this out."

"Sounds good." Everyone said and followed Maura out.