Chapter 2

*Jerome's P.O.V*

My eyes slowly opened up I looked around. I was in a wooden room. I tried to stand up but I my leg was cuffed to a metal pole. I was just about to break loose when I heard a voice say," you finally woke up."

I turned to see a man in a red and black checkered hoodie with a white shirt and dark blue jeans. He was dirty.

"Who are you..?" I asked

"The names Mitch." he said, "yours is Jerome right?"

"Yeah...what am I doing here" I asked

"Well after you followed me here then passed out the captain told me that I had to keep you until you awake so you two can talk." He said

'So he's the person I followed here. Hmm doesn't seem like much of a theft....' I though to myself
"Who's this captain your speaking of?" I asked

"Let me get him." He said walking out.
I looked down at my cuffed leg and thought if I should break free and leave or not. 'if I let where would I go? am I even safe here? no I'm never safe.' Said the thoughts rushing through my head.

I saw Mitch walk back in with another man. 'Must be the captain' I though in my head. He had short black hair and tanned skin he wore ripped dark blue jeans and a dark green hoodie but it was even darker with dirt and mud on it.

"Hello Jerome." he said calmly

"Hi and you must be the captain." I said

"That's what most people call me but my real name is Daniel." he said.

"Alright Daniel." I said

"So why did you come here...Why did you follow Mitch....who are you working for." he said placing his right hand on his gun that was in his pocket.

"Wait wait wait..I don't work for anyon-" he cut me off by shouting, "BULLSHIT. WHY ELSE WOULD YOU FOLLOW HIM HERE?" He pointed at Mitch.

"I only followed him here because I don't know where else to go!" I confessed.
"Why don't you go back home." He ordered me

"I can't..." I said shyly
"And why is that hmmm?" he asked

"Because I don't have a family anymore...after those DAMN SCIENTISTS KILLED THEM ALL!" I yelled breaking loose from the cuff.

The captain and Mitch looked at me in surprise. I looked down to see I broke the cuff apart and broke the metal pole it was connected to.

"Ho-...how did you do that?" Mitch asked confused and slightly scarred. The captain just stood there with his hand on the gun not moving.

I took a step back and said, "the scientists..they were doing tests on all of my family including me...everyone died except me. They were trying to find out what it is about me that gives me these weird side-effects....but I broke out and I came here..I followed you because your hiding from the guards in the town...i figured I could hide here."

"Well I'm going to discuss this with Mitch right now if you leave this room then you have a 0% of staying here" the captain said then he walked out and Mitch followed. I sat down in the corner of the room waiting for the captain's answer.

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

I followed the captain as he walked out and went to his room. He sat down on his chair and I pulled up a chair in front of him.

"He can't stay he's different..." he started
"But aren't we all different?" I told him

"Yes but he's bad different. He can be dangerous to the rest of us." He said
"I can make sure he's not." I said

"He has powers! that's too different." he said
"But I'm gay isn't that too different too?" I asked

"Its just....we don't even have anymore room here for him to stay with us." he confessed
"He can stay with me. Come on can't you save one more person? Like you did with me you saved me."

He sighed and said,"alright fine. But your in charge of him."
"Thank you. You won't regret this!" I said walking out. 'I'm going to give this man a chance at life no matter what.' I thought.

I walked back to my room and went inside. Jerome was laying on the floor bending the hand cuffs that he broke into shapes.

"Hey." I said

He looked up startled (A/N JASON IM SO STARTLED XDD) and said, "huh-...oh it's you...so what happened?"

"The captain said that you can stay but since we have no extra rooms you have too stay with me." I said

"Oh ok...but your not....yah know afraid of me...?" he asked

"No....but I kinda wanna see what your capable of." I said shyly

"Sure but why don't down below because I don't wanna break anything else here." he asked. I nodded and we walked out the room. I climbed down to tree. I looked up to see Jerome jumping off. He landed in a squat formation and stood up.

"Let's go see." he said
He walked over to a tree and pushed it so it fell over. But half way when the tree was falling he ran over at the speed of light and carried it setting it down softly so it didn't make a sound.

"Hmm that's a new one." he mumbled

"What's new?" I asked

"They fast running...It must be the side effect one of the shots the last scientist gave me." he said

"Oh-" I was cut off by the sounds of
footsteps walking through the forest.

"CRAP THE GARUDS ARE LOOKING FOR ME!" I whisper shouted.

He motioned for me to walk over to him and we kneeled down hiding a bush. The footsteps coming closer.

(A/N
yay chapter 2!!!!!!!
Whoooooooop whooooooop
Leave a vote if y'all liked and maybe a comment yay baiiiiiii
Myyyy gawd I could wait any longer to update so u guys are lucky lol getting a chapter early )