Chapter 12

*Jerome's P.O.V.*

As hear the footsteps come closer I stop crying over Mitch and stand up trying to act like I'm ok. As the figure comes into my vision I see it's Mitch.
"Fuck anyone but him right now..." I mutter under my breath.

Once he realizes it me he runs up to me and hugs me.
"I thought you were someone else dude! You caught me off guard." He said relieved. I didn't bother returning the hug. I was PISSED at him right now but obviously he wouldn't understand.

"Hey something wrong?" he asked confused letting me go.

"I'm fine." I said with an attitude turning around and crossing my arms across my chest.

"Jerome?..." He said touching my right shoulder. I pushed his hand off me.

"don't touch me" I said more angry than sad.

"s- sorry.." he said taking a step back.

"I just want to be alone right now..." I lied. I didn't hear another word out of him all I heard was his footsteps fading as he walked away.

I slumped down leaning on the tree.
"GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!" I yell. Used all my force and knocked down the tree onto the floor. I threw punched and kicks at it until it looked as if it was a piece of crumpled up tinfoil. I collapsed on the floor in tears.

"I'm sorry Mitch...I- I want you back here....I-..I just..." I cried as if I were talking to him. I laid there on the ground until I ended up falling asleep on the cold floor in tears.

*Mitch's POV*

I ran back towards the 'base'. I climbed up as quickly as I could then ran into out room locking the door. I didn't want anyone to see me crying. I laid down on my bed then mentally scolded myself for letting myself cry.

I felt a fear tears falling and slapped myself and shook my head trying to make myself stop.
'You knew he never liked you!
It's your own damn fault for crying over a guy you knew was straight.
Nobody loves you or cares for you.
You should've just go die.' Was all I thought. I pushed all the thoughts away when we heard a loud thud and shaking of the ground. Even the bird in the trees flew away.

I ran out onto the deck and saw everyone else there.
"What the hell was that??" The captain yelled at us. I shrugged along with Josh. Just as the captain started speaking Emily shushed him.

"Shhhhh! I hear something." she said concentrating on her hearing. Her eyes widened then an evil smirk went across her face but she wiped it off and said, "guards are out investigating."

"crap! I gotta go!" I shouted a bit then ran inside my room. I went to the side of my bed and grabbed a small sharp sliver blade then threw on a hood so they couldn't see me. I also grabbed a sword and headed for the door.

The Captain was at the door. Confused he asked, "what the hell and you doing?"
"I'm going to get Jerome. He's out there and I'm responsible for him." I said pushing him out of my way and climbing down the tree.
As my feet touched the ground he shouted down, "Be careful!"

I ran towards the place I remember meeting Jerome. All I saw was the bruised and battered tree on the floor. "We found one of the thefts!" I heard a guard yell, "after him!"

I turned around to be greeted with about 7 men fully equipped with weapons after me. I ran off in my left direction. I could hear them getting closer. I heard the loading of a gun behind me. Then I felt the bullet as it tore my foot muscle apart. "Ah! Shit!" I yelled as I fell onto the ground scraping my knees and hands.

I looked back to see the guards about 30 feet away from me. They were coming up fast. I started to scoot away but I felt something stronger pull me up and carry me as if I was a jacket over someone's shoulder. It started running so fast that I knew at that moment my savior was Jerome.

I gripped onto him like he was my lifeline. After a few seconds I realized I was back at the base in Emily's room.
"What the fuck happened to him?" Emily said.
"Well he got shot and fell running at full speed from the guards..." Jerome said using his thumb to wipe a piece of dirt from my face. I blushed at the soft touch of his hands.

Emily moved my foot that got shot and I whimpered letting a tear fall.
"It will be ok Mitch..." Jerome cooed hugging me. I put my foot up letting Emily do what she was gonna do with it. "Well this is kind of going to be the same process as Jerome's shoulder wound." She said.

She looked around her room and grabbed her stuff she needed. She sat and took in the smell of my blood. Nervously I pulled it away.
"It's ok. I can control.." she said grabbing my foot looking for the bullet.

"Well your bullet is a bit closer to the nerve so you will most likely loosely partial feeling in your foot." She said the continued," also it's very close to the surface so I can pull it out my fingers."

She grabbed the bullet and slowly pulled it out. I felt another tear fall down my face and I gripped Jerome for comfort. He just hugged my back and pet my hair. Once the bullet was out I felt a sigh of relief.

She then grabbed a small towel with alcohol on it and started cleaning it. I gripped Jerome's shirt tighter and hung my head down bitting my lip so hard it drew some blood.

She took another look at my foot and said, "it will heal its own self good but I'm going to wrap it in gauze to make sure it doesn't get anymore infected."

I looked up and nodded and she wrapped it. Once she was done I felt so weak and tired that I just wanted to go to bed. "Well you are good." she aids putting away her stuff.

"Thank you." Jerome said then picked me up Bridal style. I put my arms around his neck and leaned my head onto his chest listening to his steady heartbeat. Once we entered our room he just sat at the back of the bed and didn't let me go. He wrapped me in the blanket and I made laid him down next to me. I put my head on his chest and continued to listen to his heartbeat until my eyes closes and I fell in a blissful sleep.

----------------------------------------------

Okai I'm sooooooooooooooooooo
Soooooorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
I updated really freaking late.
I'm trying to get on that once a week updates again. I kind forgot since I made a collab account w/ my friend called Epicawesomebrendily.
Along with I've had a big play for theatre I had to memorize lines 24/7 and even get a costume. We performed today so it's all good now.
Hope to see positive feedback
Baiiiiiiiii!!!!!