Chapter 18

*Jerome's POV*

I walked over to the door's latch and lowered my body down the hole. I closed it. I turned around to see a underground room of dirt with a couch and extra supplies.

"What is this place?" I asked interested

"Well it's kinda like my own little fort. I come here when I'm down or just bored. Its like a backpack place for me if we were to ever get caught at the real base." he explained

"It's pretty damn cool." I said looking around and sitting on the couch.

"And one of my favorite things is the couch. Let me show you." he told me. I stood up from the couch while he went towards it and walked to its side. He pulled a lever making the couch jump a bit. He then took off the two pillows and unfolded a bed.

"Cool huh?" He asked

"Yeah. So this a basically mini house for you to live in?" I asked

"Yeah." he said sitting down and patting the seat next to me motioning for me to sit. I sat down next to him.

"So...let me ask you...again." I said then continued,"did you leave because you kissed my cheek?"

"Umm...yea-yeah" he told me.

"But why? You have a girlfriend...right?" I asked

"No. What made you think that?? I'm- here just let me explain. I'm gay....And I know your straight and not into me so whatever It's fine. AN-...and I'm not implying that I like you. Just clearing the air....that no I don't have a girlfriend." he told me straight out.

He doesn't like me?

I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest and thrown onto the floor stomped on a million times.

I couldn't show I liked him. He doesn't like me..

"Oh ok..Cause yea I'm straight just wondering why. I'll just forget it ever happened. Sorry for bugging you. I'll just leave." I told him standing up walking towards the latch. I got towards the ladder and looked back he was facing away from me. I climbed up and walked back to camp.

Trying not to cry.

*Mitch's POV*

Once he left I just layed down on the bed disappointed in myself.

Why didn't I just tell him I like him!

Well...It doesn't even matter anymore....hes straight no reason to try anymore. I practically yelled in anger.
..... But I can't ignore this feeling that I do like you.

I stood up about to fold the couch back and go back to base since the sun was setting. I decided to stay and sleep in here for tonight. I searched for a blanket in the pile of clothing I had in the corner. I found one and threw a pillow on top of the couch bed. I flopped down and pulled the covers over me.

I already knew he wasn't going to like me...

Why did I even try....

I knew this would happen..

I don't wanna ruin this friendship anymore....

I'm just going to try to hide my feeling.

We just need to get Nick back then everything will be back to normal.

Whatever the hell normal even means.

Fuck it. I just need to rest and get my mind of everything....

I just can't stop thinking about him.....

I grabbed the pillow I had hit my face with it then threw it in the bed.

Sleep Mitch sleeeppppp...

As I was slowly drifting off I started dreaming.....

I was in outside someplace breathtaking. Jerome had his arm around me and I was leaning on him. He kisses my forehead. I am unable to control myself as I kiss him on the lips.

It was a slow loving kiss and close my eyes enjoying it but when I open my eyes back I'm in a jail cell.

Police on the outside of my cell talking to each other. Until one of them notices me. He grins opening the cell. The other one walks in and drags me out by the collar. I'm being brought to a dark room. I look inside all I see is two holes in the walls. I'm not in a prison anymore..

The openings start pouring in water. It's filling up extremely quick. I hit against the sand walls. The feel to made of metal. The water is up to my elbows. I'm screaming.

"HELP ME!!"

"PLEASE SOMEBODY!! ANYBODY!!!!"

I continue but the water is almost about to drown my I'm up to my chin. in the water. My last words before drowning,"JEROM-"

I wake up my heart is racing and I'm sweating insanely. I toss the blanket off and lite up a few candles. I find my way across the room to the latch. Opening it up I see it's very early in the morning.

I decide to close up the latch and lay back down letting the sun be my light source instead of the candles. I relax myself. I can't let myself get out of hand......

I can't

_________________________

A/N

Hey guys sorry I'm late....

I've been depressed lately.....

getting put down by my own dad on the daily....

Self harm..........

Not so bad.......

I'm trying to recover so I'm sorry if I'm slow at updating.

I really like that you guys love the book though.

Gives me happiness :)

Anyways

Cya dudes