Chapter 8

*Jerome's P.O.V.*

I woke up to the sounds of screams and a car driving away. My first thought was Mitch. I sat up on the bed I was laying down on.

'How the hell did I get here?' I thought. I saw someone walk up to me in the darkness of the early morning.

"It's Mitch" Mitch whispered. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you were the one that screamed!" I said getting up hugging him,"let's go see who it was."

We ran out and went towards the first look out spot. I saw everyone gathered there but Nick.

"Mitch! My god! I thought they got you too!" Emily said hugging him. I felt my hands go into fists and eyes glare at her hugging him.

Was I jealous....???

N-..no! it was just a hug...

Relax Jerome....

"No whoever it was didn't get me." Mitch said.

"It wasn't just one person." Josh said,"it had to have been a group. I grew up with Nick. He really strong and never backed down from a fight. Hell! He was captain of the pro wrestling team in high school!"

I saw the captain stand up from his crouching position.

"Well look at what we got here." He said handing me a small note. It read:

Well it seems as if we found your little hiding spot. We took one of your men. To get him back you must return Jerome to us. We won't spill the beans on your hiding spot to the guards in the town also. Your choice. One death or Many deaths.

-Dr. Jones

I dropped the note in shock.

'It was the scientist.....

THE ONE THAT WAS NEW....

THE ONE THAT TRUST ME AND I BETRAYED HIM...now he's going to kill me...' I thought

Mitch picked up the paper and read it out loud to everyone.

"What are we going to do?" Mitch asked

"We are going to do what we should have done in the first place! Give them what they want. " The captain said

"We can't just give up like that!" Mitch answered back

"Well what else are we going to do Mitch?!?!" He practically yelled

"I said I would take care of him. I said I would watch over him. That's what in going to do. I'll get us a plan." He said confidently.

The captain just looked at him and said, "4 days. That's all 4 days and if you don't have anything then we are giving Jerome back." The captain walked back to his room angrily.

Josh walked away quietly to his room. Emily looked like she was going to say something out loud but instead she whispered something in Mitch's ear then left. Then Mitch grabbed my arm and we went back to our room.

Mitch sat on his bed sighing.

"Listen Mitch you don't need I do this" I said , "I'll just turn myself in."

"No! You Cant!" He yelled

"You can go back to how things were before I came here." I said

"I don't want things back the way they were. Why would you do this?" he asked

"The captain doesn't want me. If I wasn't here in the first place none of this would have happened. You wouldn't be in the mess you are in right now. Plus why do you even care! No body cares about me. I'm worthless......I'm a monster" I said

Mitch sat next to me and hugged me by the side. "I care so much about you...Your not worthless. Your beautiful. Not a monsters. I will do anything I can to protect you."

I smiled at him and asked," really?"

He nodded.

"We are going to get Nick back." I said, "now we just need a plan."

"Well we can think of one a little later. Right now it's still early we can sleep." He said

I nodded laying down on my bed. I pulled Mitch so he would lay down next to me. I then hugged his body falling into sleep.

(A/N sooooooooooooooo

Wassssssssssuiuuooooopppppp

Leeeacvvvveee a. Comment yah?

I might change it from 3 books to 2.

Cus the second book will most likely be short. IDK IDK right now.

Leave likes and comments! lets me kno u liked itt!!!! baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)