Chapter 3

*Jerome's P.O.V.*

We kneeled down next to each other. The footsteps coming closers.

Mitch searched his various pockets for any type of weapon.

"Nothing" he muttered under his breath.

"I don't need anything. I got this." I whispered.

This first person was alone. The walked past the bush we were hiding behind and I came up from behind snapping his neck without a sound. I carried his body behind a tree so the others wouldn't panic. I searched him and threw the sword he was carrying to Mitch. He needed it more than me.

Another man walked close by I rushed him jumping on his back to snap his neck but before I could he stabbed my hand with a small yet sharp knife. I saw the blood come out but I didn't hesitate and pulled it out of my hand stabbing him in the stomach making him fall.

I stomped on his head creating a murder scene on the floor.

Mitch ran to me and asked, "are you ok??"

"Yeah it was just my hand I'm ok. There's one more guy I know it."I answered

"Split up?" he asked. I nodded

After about another minute of walking I thought we would never find this guy.

I heard a gun shot and felt pain in my left shoulder. I'm used to pain now so it didn't hurt much. I turned around to see the last guy. I was corner between two trees. He held the gun up then said, "you don't look like the theft from last nig-" he got cut off by Mitch stabbing the sword clean through his heart. He fell on me and I pushed him off grabbing his gun, ammo, and anything else on him.

I stood up and saw Mitch wide eyed. He was looking at my shoulder.

"Oh my god are ok?!" he asked worried

"Yeah I'm used to the pain..."I said

"We should get you to Emily." Mitch said dragging me back two the big tree.

"Who's that?" I asked dumbfounded

"That's right you haven't met everyone that lives here yet. She's really good at medicine. She's kinda like our doctor. But she can be a little crazy at times. She makes lots of potions also" he said

"Oh wel- ow!" I yelped , "freaking rain. it just stung the wound. "

"Here hold on to me and I'll climb us up if you can't climb that is...." he offered

"I think I'll take your offered." I wrapped my arms around his waist and held on tight as he climbed up.

'Wow he was stronger than I thought so' I thought in my head making sure nobody heard.

Once we were up I let go. I could have sworn I heard him sigh when I let go of him. He guided me to Emily's room.

He knocked on the door and she said, "come on in"

She was sitting at a desk with a bunch of potions and medical stuff everywhere. She had pale skin and dirty blonde hair that went over covering her right green eye. She wore black pants and a dark blue t-shirt. Even though it was freezing out side.

"EMILY WHY ARENT YOU WERENT YOUR SWEATER IS FREEZING OUTSIDE!" Mitch asked worried

"Because I was working on a potion and before I finished I spilled it on my sweater and....it disintegrated on accident....." she said turning to us.

"Aren't you cold though?" he asked

"Not really. Anyways why'd you come here? It best be important." She said.

"Yeah it is see Jerome here got shot and I was wondering if you know you could help him." he asked

"Well Jerome come sit right here." she said patting a stool next to her.

She took a look at my shoulder and said,"well first things first I'm gonna have to cut in a bit more and get that bullet out. Then I'll be able to clean it, sew it, them wrap it up."

I looked at her in shock.

"Um...o- ok when is this gonna happen?" I asked shyly

"Right as soon as I grab all the supplies I need." She said looking through her drawers until she got everything.

Mitch came over and stood next to me and said, "it will be ok."

I nodded and then Emily got to work.

She grabbed her knife and cut my muscle a bit more making me squirm in pain. Then she stopped and grabbed her tweezers and had to slowly pull the bullet out. I flinched and she stopped.

"You have to try your best not to move ok?" she said. I nodded. She grabbed the bullet again but this time I grabbed Mitch's arm and held it close every-time I felt pain.

"Bullets out. Now the easier parts." she said, "this is going to sting a lot sorry."

She put some alcohol on it to clean the damaged muscle. I yelped in pain and grabbed Mitch's waist since he was standing it was the closest thing to me. I squeezed him and buried my face him in Lower chest.

Mitch held my head close and Emily said, "ok now I'm going to stitch it. I suggest to keep holding onto Mitch and try no to move." I nodded tears falling wetting Mitch's t-shirt.

"It will all be over soon" he cooed

I felt the skin ripping as the needle punctured my body. I gripped Mitch tighter and tighter until it was all over.

She finally wrapped my shoulder in gauze and said I was good to go.

I didn't want to let go of Mitch I felt safe hugging him.

He ended up picking me up and bringing us to our room. He laid me down in my bed and he walked over to his but I stopped him and said, "M- Mitch...I'm cold can you stay here in the same bed with me. "

He nodded and laid down next to me. I snuggled my body next to his. I was freezing. Soon I fell fast asleep.

(A/N

WHOOP WHOOP

HOPE U ENJOYING

LEAVE A COMMENT I YA DID

LEAVE A VOTE

SHARE THIS TO EVERYONE U KNO

YAY BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII)