Chapter Twelve

Antanie hadn’t been in school for a week. I hadn’t heard from him either. Why did he do that? I swear, that boy always had me in my feelings. I couldn’t tell if I actually liked him or if I was just fascinated by his ways of pissing me off. Either way I wished he was here.

                When the bell rang for lunch to end, I headed reluctantly to my next class. We had a test today that I really wasn’t looking forward to. I was about to walk in when Antanie stepped in front of me.

                “Where the hell have you been?”

                “I’m sick.” Was all he said.

                “Well you certainly don’t seem like you are.” I contradicted.

                “You never know Elissa.” He replied.

                I shrugged. “So are you going to let me in?”

                “Why, you wanna take that test?” He made a face of disgust.

                “Well its not like I have much of a choice.”

                “The fuck you mean? No ones forcing you through that door. Talkin bout you ain’t got a choice.”

                “Well then what do you suggest as an alternative?”

                “Follow me.” He turned and walked off. I just stood there staring, watching him walk away. He turned back and his eyes met mine. “You comin?”

                I was stuck with the pressure to do the right thing, but my curiosity got the best of me. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but even it didn’t stop all the cats. I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and followed Ant outside of the building and through to the parking lot where he headed for his car.

                “Um? Ant? Care to tell me where we’re going?”

                “So you are coming?”

                I stopped at his car and hesitated.

                “Come on. It’ll be fun.”

                “I know, but what about the test? I actually studied for it.”

                He shrugged. “Ion know. Take it Monday. You can study over the weekend.”

                “But I don’t want to study over the weekend! That’s the point of a Friday test!”

                “Fine. I’ll go have fun by my damn self and you go take that fucking test you studied so hard for. Then we’ll both be happy.” He went around to the drivers side and got in, starting the car. I took one look back at the school, then sighed deeply as I opened the door to the passenger seat and got in.

                He back up and pulled out of the parking lot, driving down the road a ways before turning on music.

If you thugged out

Put yo muthafuckin hoods in the air

                I frowned. “What is this?”

How you live?

I’m thugged out

How you live?

I’m thugged out

All Day

Every Day

All Day Every Day

                “Boosie.”

I wake up e’ry morning in my gangsta ass bed

Brush my gangsta ass teeth

And my gangsta ass head

Call my gangsta ass bitch

Get some gangsta ass head

Put my gangsta ass dick

Between her gangsta ass legs

I’m a g-a-n-g-ster

You already know

                I raised my eyebrows and looked at the window. Antanie laughed at me. “What’s so funny?”

                “I put this song on for you.”

                “Why? I think its fucking stupid.”

                “I know.”

                I rolled my eyes. “Well can your gangsta ass self tell me where we’re going?”

                He shook his head smiling. “You gon see, girl.”