CH6: Piggyback Rides

My eyes snap open to the blinding light streaming in through the window.

I groan slightly, tossing the covers off my cold and sleepy body, as I twist my head to the couch, unamused when I notice Mitch isn't there. I knew this would happen.

I sigh, getting out of bed slowly and stumbling into the bathroom.

After washing my face, brushing my teeth, and applying a light coat of makeup to my face, I drag my suitcase towards me.

I roam over all the clothes I brought, picking a black and white polka-dot circle skirt with a cream cropped sweater. I put my hair into a high ponytail and slip on combat boots.

Before long, someone unlocks and opens the door.

"So you're finally awake," Mitch utters, closing the door behind him and setting a tray of food on the countertop.

"Where'd you get this?" I ask, moving over to the plates of food.

"The hotel has free breakfast every morning."

I nod, staring at him bite into an apple for a moment.

"Are you just going to watch me or actually eat?" Mitch's eyebrows arch, "I mean I know I'm attractive, but come on Camille."

"You're not that attractive," I bash, grabbing a bagel from the plate, just as someone knocks on our hotel dorm.

I mourn, taking a step towards it and opening the door to find Adam.

"Let's go guys," Adam commands, "we're all going to check out hotels."

I turn back to Mitch, watching him come towards the door and push me out into the hallway with him.

"You could've just asked me to move," I sneer, looking back at Mitch.

"Yeah but this way's more fun," he replies, smiling back at me.

"I think we're going to split the group in half or something." Jason cuts in, sauntering out of the room next door.

And a couple minutes later, we all pick groups consisting of: Me, Mitch, Max, Jerome; then Adam, Jason, Danny, Jordan in the other . . . And we were on our way to the Venetian Hotel; now all we needed was a taxi to take us.

♡ ♡ ♡

We were all strolling out of the restaurant that we had just eaten lunch at, until I turned the corner, noticing a Juicy Couture store.

"Please please please can we go?" I beg the guys like a little kid.

"No," They all shout back in unison.

I whine, "please . . . why can't we."

"I'll go with you," Max sighs, giving up completely as the other guys wait on the bench right outside.

"Yay," I say excitedly, grabbing Max's hand and leading him into the store.

I end up hauling Max around for ten minutes and buying a JC jacket.

And once we leave the store, I roll my eyes at the other guys giving each other piggyback rides.

"That's real mature guys," I sarcastically snicker to Mitch, who was giving Jerome a piggyback ride.

"You're just jealous," Mitch replies, watching me come closer.

"Is that so?" I answer, shaking my head slightly.

"Camille, no need to cover your lies, I'll give you one next, okay?" Mitch mentions as Jerome jumps off his back.

"No thanks," I smile, twirling a strand of my hair.

"Come on Camille, I know you wanna!" He says, inching closer to me.

"Mitch no, don't you dare," I threaten him, just as he puts his hands on my waist and lifts me up, gently placing me on his back.

"Mitch no no no, put me down-n-n," I squeal.

"Not gonna happen, baby girl." he responds, tightening his grip on my waist.

I squirm in his grasp, attempting to kick him.

"Just embrace it, I'm not letting you get off until you promise to buy me a smoothie," Mitch smiles.

I sigh, he's going to have to let me down soon because he'll get tired, right?

"Mitch," I plead, "please let me down."

"Say it," he replies, as I rest my hands in his hair.

"I'm not saying anything."

"Then, I'm not letting you down."

"Mitch, please," I beg, playing with light brown strands of his hair.

"I'm not getting tired, just so you know," Mitch replies, tightening his grip once again.

I groan, "I'll lose my shit any second now."

"Doesn't matter to me," Mitch faintly laughs.

I gaped, "fine."

"You gonna say it now?"

"Mitch I'll buy you a smoothie, happy?" I finally mumble.

"Yes, yes I am," Mitch confesses as he lightly sets me down on the ground.

I take a deep breath, following the others as we get ready to meet up.