CH9: Again

I change into a full on sparkly skater dress with sheer tights and black heels. I enhance my makeup and grab a cardigan.

Then, I put my hair down with a sparkly clip twisting my bangs back. I just stare at myself in the mirror, looking at what I'm wearing.

Mitch walks out of the bathroom and just looks at me in awe. I turn around, facing him and smile.

"Gorgeous, as always," Mitch says half-smiling. I blush slightly, noticing his dressy shirt and pants.

We walk out, my hand around his arm. We looked like a celebrity couple, only missing the dramatic wind blowing in our hair.

As we get out to the hallway, we were the last ones.

Jerome whistles at me as Mitch drops his arm from mine. I laugh and we grab a cab to the Christmas Eve party.

The taxi drops us off in front of a house with streamers and plastic cups thrown all over the front yard. I hesitate going, but Max comes up behind me and places his hand on my shoulder. I automatically felt safer, just like that.

We all walk in and tell each other to make sure we didn't lose everyone in here. I mean, it was a full on party with alcohol and slutty girls all over the place.

Max walks me in, where guys whistle and holler at me.

Max tightens his grip around my waist while walking through the crowd. Why is he so protective of me? We weren't even going out. It pissed me off knowing Max only got protective when other guys were staring at me, any other time and he wouldn't give a fuck.

I pry Max's arm off from around me and ask him to get me a soda. He agrees and tells me he'll be right back.

I sit on the stool all alone, until this drunk-tard comes up to me.

"Hey," he says, clearly wasted.

"Uh hi?" I reply annoyed.

"Babe, come on lighten up." He says putting his hand on my upper thigh. I move it away quickly.

"Why don't we go upstairs and have some fun?" He suggests, smirking at me.

"Why don't you leave me alone?" I push him back and get up.

"Woah, feisty are we?" He says pushing me against a wall, putting his hands around my waist.

"Leave me alone!" I shout, stomping on his foot, but it doesn't work.

"Listen bitch, everyone wants me and if I want you, okay?" He says pushing his lips against mine. I struggle, but can't stop him. His breath was heavy of alcohol and I wanted to vomit.

"Leave me alone!" I shout, getting cut off by his lips smacking against mine again.

He ignores me, lifting my hands up on the wall and holding them down.

"Leave. Me. Alone." I yell once again, moving my head to the side.

"The more you move, the worse I'll make this for you," the guy says pushing his body against mine.

I could barely breathe, he wouldn't stop kissing me, intoxicating me.

I felt a tear run down my chin.

"Please, please let me go," I say, still struggling to get out from under him.

He shifts all his weight onto me, leaving his lips from my mouth.

He trails them down the my neck, kissing me all the way down. I felt myself crying hard, I didn't want to get raped.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I hear someone say, then pull the guy away from me, pushing him to the ground. I look up to see Mitch standing in front of me.

"Get your own whore," the guy says standing up.

I panic, not knowing know what to do and stay put, shaking and frozen in place.

"That's my girlfriend!" Mitch shouts back at him, quickly pacing over to me.

The guy shakes his head, "fine, take the bitch," walking away sluggishly from where I am standing frozen against the wall, swaying side to side. 

Mitch sighs, leaning down and picking me up, Barbie style from where I am standing dumbfounded not sure of what just happened. He carries me back to the bar, setting me on a stool.

"Camille, what the hell are you doing all alone?" He questions me.

"I don't know-I-I-thank you Mitch," I respond stuttering, still in shock at what just happened.

I hear him breathing heavily, then hugging me as I stand up.

"I'm so glad you were there," I say into his shoulder. He caresses me gently, and all was going well, until I smelt his alcohol thick breath.

"Mitch how many beers have you had?" I ask disappointed, shifting away from him.

"Only five, maybe six?"

I frown, "five too many."

"I'm older then you, aren't I? And at least I'm not drunk."

"You sure?" I question him.

He smiles, "I'll prove it to you."

"And how are you gonna do that?" I ask smiling back.

Mitch breaks apart from me and grabs my hand.

"Camille, would you like to dance?" Mitch insists in a light-hearted manner.

"I'd be delighted to," I joke as I take a grip on his hand and lead him to where everyone was dancing.

I put my hands around his neck and he puts his around my waist as we dance in sync to the hasty music playing beneath the chatter from the party.

"Hey Mitch, can I tell you something I'm upset about?"

"Go right ahead," he answers.

"I never got that ice cream you promised me," I say whimpering.

Mitch laughs, "don't worry, you'll get it.. Eventually."

Before meeting up with everyone and grabbing a cab back to the hotel, Mitch swore he wouldn't tell anyone about what happened.. and I believe him.