CH24: Stay With Me?

My eyes trailed upon Max, just observing his every move. He was perfect--every little detail, every flaw.

His eyes would follow the movement of the fireworks precisely as they shot up. His lips parted slightly, a small smile spreading among his face.

"It's rude to stare," he joked, turning to me just as I looked away quickly.

"I was looking at the people behind you, not you; ew," I say while poking his cheek.

"Okay--sure," Max says, rolling his eyes.

But I couldn't help but feel the slightest bit of happiness at the moment.

♡ ♡ ♡

The ashes of the recent fireworks were still imprinted in the star-filled sky.

"So." I sigh heavily, letting my head rest on Max's chest.

"So." he repeats in a low moan, adjusting himself.

"Are we going to meet up with Danny and Jordan now?"

"We should," he replies, standing up.

"Help me up," I mourn, "pretty please."

He groans, "lazyass," while lending his hand out to me, lifting me up off the ground.

And we were off to the exit, finally leaving 'The Happiest Place on Earth.'

"I think-yeah I see them," I wave in their direction, hoping one of them will catch a glimpse of me.

"Race you to them?" Max smiles, after locating Danny and Jordan.

"You're on!" I reply, already sprinting towards them.

I end up running into Jordan, causing him to slightly lose balance, swaying in place.

"Damn, are you trying to kill me?" Jordan jokes, as I grip onto his arm, regaining my balance.

"I beat you," Max taps the top of my head.

"No you didn't."

"Uh, yes I did."

"Nu huh."

"Stop lying," he slightly laughs, smiling.

"You know what, I'll let you have it, you won." I cave in, "happy now?"

"Hell yeah I am."

I just playfully shake my head at his response, as I follow all three of them out to the car so we could drive back home.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Camille, we're at your house," Jordan turns himself to face the back seats, noticing I fell asleep on Max.

"Well shit," Danny sighs.

"I'll take her home," Max volunteers, lifting me up into his arms.

"You're staying with her tonight--alone?" Jordan sarcastically replies, cocking his head to the side.

"Don't worry, she won't mind."

"Ha sure," Danny laughs.

"Whatever let him get beat up later," Jordan smiles, shooing Max out of the car.

Max fully lifts me into his arms and carries me to the house. He unlocks the door and sets me on the sofa for the time being.

I slowly start to realize I was in my house, noticing Max's phone right beside me on the countertop.

"Max?" I question.

"I'm in the kitchen," he calls back, his voice inching closer to me.

"Why--why are you here?" I utter.

"I didn't want to leave you alone," he answers, while setting himself down beside me on the couch.

"Are you staying?"

"If you want me to."

"I don't mind," I yawn.

"Then yeah, I'll stay the night."

"Okay," I smile, pecking his lips softly as I start to stand up.

"That's all I get?" Max jokes, grabbing my arm and pulling me back down.

I smile, kissing him fully for a couple seconds. But it only resulted in me breaking the kiss and trudging upstairs.

"I'm going to get dressed," I state.

"Mhm," Max moans, stretching.

After I changed into my black pajama shorts and tank, I clean my face and brush my teeth. Then walk out of the bathroom, in hopes of running into Max.

"Max, why are you half-naked?" I shake my head disapprovingly, eyeing him in only his boxers.

"Don't lie, I know you love it," he smirks.

"You're such a little dick."

"That's no way to get it."

I laugh, "alright, that was actually pretty good."

"I know," he responds, taking a seat on my bed.

"Yeah," I whisper, sitting beside him.

He looks down for a moment, then brings himself only centimeters from me.

"Oh," I sigh, his movement taking me off guard.

He leans forward, pressing his lips to mine. I smile into the kiss, our lips moving in sync. Slowly, he snakes his arms around my waist, and I reward it with mine resting around his neck.

The kiss sped up, getting faster and faster with every second. My heartbeat was racing and my stomach felt like it was going to flip any second.

His tongue asked for entrance, and I unknowingly let his mouth search mine.

His hands left my waist, and started searching up my shirt. Max gently laid me down on the bed, our lips still attached.

My heart pounded against my chest, I could hear the beat in my ears. I pulled away quickly.

"Woah there, Max. Slow down," I say out of breath, as I sit up and give him one last peck on the lips.

He just sits there dumbfounded, as I walk out of the room.

"Camille?" Max calls, following me out.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you going?"

I smile, "I'm just grabbing my phone."

He nods, as I continue downstairs.

I grab both Max's and my own phone, then strut back upstairs.

"Max, here."

"What?" He asks, as I see him approach me.

I hold up his phone, waving it right in front of his face, then place it in his hand.

"Thanks," he replies, already checking on all his social media sites.

"Mhm," I pause, "I think I'm going to head to bed."

I walk into my room, stopping at my bed just as Max walks in.

"Tuck me in?" I ask.

He smiles, covering me up and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Get some sleep," he says, then starts to saunter out of the room.

"Max?" I stopped him.

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me?"

He walked over to my bed and pulled back the covers.

He shifted his body up next to mine and placed his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I snuggled my head into his chest...and we fell asleep.