CH18: 21 Questions

I'm woken up at 10am to the sound of my alarm beeping continuously. Why is my alarm even on? I guess this is a sign for me to get out of bed. Ugh. Why why why, 10 am.

I throw my covers off and stand up, hopping into the shower.

After I finish, I'm greeted by a text from Mitch.

Mitch: wanna go eat at Ruby's today?

Me: what time?

Mitch: 12, I'll pick you up

Me: alright

I stand up, stretching my body and begin picking out my outfit for the day. I decide on a white mini denim skirt, a cream crop top, and cardigan. I braid my hair to the end in pigtails and grab my heavy-duty doc boots.

Mitch texted me he was here and I rushed out the door, sliding into his car.

I didn't really have anything to talk to Mitch about. Maybe he had something to tell me? Or maybe he was just hungry and no one else wanted to eat with him? Whichever it was, I'm glad he invited me because knowing me, I would have probably done nothing all day long if he hadn't asked me to get lunch.

♡ ♡ ♡ 

I see Mitch standing outside opening my car door. I take a look outside and notice we were already parked still in front of Ruby's, having arrived.

"Sorry," I say, getting out of the car.

"That's alright," Mitch slightly laughs, "it happens."

"Lost in my thoughts," I reply sighing and following him into the restaurant.

"Two," Mitch says to the lady at the front.

"Right this way," the waitress replies, walking towards the tables of laughter within the restaurant as Mitch and I scurrying to follow behind.

After sitting down, I order a chocolate milkshake, and a cheese burger. I'm not one of those girls who care about what I eat. I eat what I want, and it's not like I needed to watch my weight. I was skinny, and didn't care about what people thought about me.

Mitch ordered about the same, except getting a strawberry milkshake instead.

The waitress nodded, then left. Now it was just Me, Mitch, and utter silence.

"So Camille," Mitch says after a while.

"Yeah?"

"What'd you do yesterday?"

"Oh, I slept late and ate s'mores all night," I laugh, the memories already filling my mind.

Mitch smiles, "I just recorded some stuff."

"Is it fun?" I ask.

"Is what fun?"

"Recording."

He pauses for a second, "yeah, it's fun."

"Why?" I ask curious.

"I don't know, I just get to laugh and entertain people."

"How do you entertain them?"

"I just play, crack jokes, be myself."

I nod, understanding. I've always wondered what'd it be like-you know-being him for a day. It seems hard, recording videos and spending all that time just to record, knowing if you don't upload a certain amount of videos a day.. people would get angry. It'd be a lot of hard work and I guess not many people see it that way.

My thoughts trailed off, until the waitress came with trays of food.

I blink, trying to get back into reality, already starting to eat my food.