CH8: Pool Day

I wake up to the sound of Mitch's voice repeating itself vacillatingly.

"You're still not up," Mitch exclaims, rolling his eyes and flinging the warm covers from my impotent body.

I moan in discomfort, tossing and turning in place.

A yawn escapes my system and I blink my eyes continuously, attempting to wake my body up.

I sense Mitch slowly backing away from the bed, as I start to elongate my arm; in hopes of stretching it out--

But instead, it results in me falling off the bed face-first, the rest of my body following the sudden movement and plunging me fully onto the rough carpet.

Mitch gazes at me, his worried look quickly fading into a fit of laughter.

"Did you actually just fall off the bed?" He sarcastically utters between giggles.

"Will you just please help me out?" I groan, striving to untangle myself from the mess of blankets and pillows.

Mitch continues laughing, slowly making his way towards me. He hoists me from the floor, and I blankly ignore whatever rude comment he was planning to say next. I had to get dressed for another relaxing day at the poolside.

♡ ♡ ♡

I wince at Jerome jumping into the water like a little kid, followed by the rest of them. Children. They acted like Children.

"Are you guys done plunging into the pool for the twentieth time?" I slovenly declare, wiping off the newly splashed droplets off my bare skin.

"Why don't you jump in next?" Mitch calls out to me, as I make sure my body was fully exposed to the sun; I mean how else was I supposed to get tan?

"I'm tanning," I reply, double-checking that my silver bustier bikini top and bottom weren't harmed, "plus, I don't want to ruin my swimsuit."

I watch Max murmur something into Mitch's ear and unknowingly, I watch him get out of the water.

"What are you guys--" I start, my question lingering as Max struts out of the pool, all the way until he is at my side.

"Why don't you jump in?" Max starts, getting cut off by my succinct statement;

"Yeah--no thank you, I've never really been fond of pool water," I reply, preparing to completely ignore whatever any of them had to say next.

"And why's that?" He responds, while tilting his head innocently. I furrow my eyebrows in disgust.

"Because it's cold," I flatly answer, brainstorming anything he was planning on doing to me.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah pretty much," I respond, knowingly acknowledging the fact that he would dump me into the pool if I declined the offer.

Max turns his head around to the boys that were swimming in the pool, nodding slightly as they were listening deliberately to our conversation.

"Max..." I grimace, preparing to take off to somewhere away from these guys.

"Camille, if you don't go into the water, we'll have to bring you to it," Max shyly ruffles his tangled hair with his hands, as water droplets began falling onto my towel from his naked chest.

"Okay, how about I just stay here and you guys finger each other in the pool," I mention teasingly, while shrugging my shoulders.

Adam lets out a fit of laughter, "I've been trying to convince them to do that this whole time."

I laugh slightly, but only to be cut off by a sudden change in mood when all the guys extensively listen in.

Mitch slowly gets out of the pool, hoping not to be noticed, but his efforts are crushed when Jerome follows him out loudly, splashing the pool repeatedly. The three of them begin to be walking towards me, causing my stomach to get caught in my throat.

"--okay, okay," I panic, "I'll go in the pool dammit, just don't touch me." I sigh, slowly taking my large circular sunglasses off. I gently stand up from my comfortable resting position while Max, Mitch, and Jerome all restlessly wait.

I glance at Max, who was obviously scanning my uncovered body from head to toe. What the fuck is wrong with him? Is he really just standing there checking me out.

My brows furrow as I flick the back of Max's head. I laugh at his grimacing moan and begin to inch my way towards the edge of the pool.

"What the hell was that for?" He asks grumbling, while rubbing the sore on his head.

"You know what that was for," I raise an eyebrow and roll my gleaming hazel eyes in the opposite direction.

I was now a foot away from the edge of the pool, the glittering water acting as a mirror of reflection to my own body.

Max quietly creeps up behind me, until he's side by side with me. He flashes me one of those movie star smiles, then ruthlessly shoves me into the pool, as I'm sent flying and splashing into the frigid water.

They all start laughing and I look up at Max, who was now proudly smiling at his accomplishment.

I pop my head out of the water, scanning the area which was now completely adhering to giggles that were heard by all of them.

I quickly hop out of the pool and walk over to Max, drenched in water. He looks scared. He should be.

Max slowly scoots in the opposite direction as me.

As I'm a couple feet away from him, he starts sprinting. I sigh and start running after him.

We end up running around the pool 4 times, I'm surprised I didn't slip. The last time round, Max ran into the hotel and stopped right inside.

I stopped right in front of him, bumping into Max slightly. I stand there cold and wet.

I start shivering and he notices, so slowly he puts his arms around me, embracing me in like a hug. What was with Max recently?

"Camille," Max starts, "I've barely talked to you these past couple of days."

I sigh, "I know."

"I-I've missed talking to you, you've been talking to Mitch so often, it's like I-I don't even exist," he adds. I look up at him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Is someone getting a bit jealous?" I tease.

Max smiles, "me? No, never."

I laugh and reply, "don't worry, you'll always be my favorite, Max."

We stare at each other, just taking in both of our features.

Before I could say anything else, we heard the other guys talking, heading this way.

Max drops his arms from around me and I slide away from him.

"There you guys are," Jordan says.

"Yeah," I say quietly. We all walk back into the hotel to take a shower and get changed, for a Christmas Eve party tonight.