CH13: Seven Mins In Heaven

I wake up to to a text from Mitch, "Party; pick you up with others around nine."

Ugh no no no, the last college party was already a disaster. I'm not old enough for these parties. Yet, they were fun, excluding what happened last time. And it's not like I have anywhere else to go? And I'll stay by someone I know this time. Nothing will go wrong. Right?

I text back, agreeing to the party and get out of bed.

♡ ♡ ♡

-skip to 8pm-

I check the clock, then sprint upstairs to get ready for the party.

I told my mom I was sleeping over at my friend's house, because I figured I'd either be at the party all night or someone would bring me home to their house.

As I get up there, I put makeup on: foundation, powder, sparkly cream eye shadow, mascara, and add some bronzer.

Then, I pick out my dress. A black velvet dress, that ends at my mid-thigh. I decide to wear it with black pumps, as I leave my hair down with a partial twist, bobby pinned back. I stare at myself in the mirror. I don't look half bad, maybe my dress was too revealing? I sigh, someone would tell me if it was. Or I'll just ask.

Before long, the doorbell rang, and Mitch was there.

"Hey," he says finally looking up at me, "you look cute."

"Is my dress too revealing?" I ask out of nowhere.

"What no-it's fine," Mitch stutters a bit.

I smile, "it isn't too short?" I say looking down.

"It's fine," he says, but I'm not convinced.

I finally agree and head into the car, to only see Jerome hop into the passenger seat.

I slide into the back by myself, "Oh, so I'm alone," I joke.

Mitch laughs, "yep."

Only Mitch and Jerome? No one else was going to be at the party? Maybe I shouldn't go?

"Is no one else coming?" I ask nervous.

"Oh they're all already at the party, we're last," Jerome informs me.

"Oh alright," I say happily, a wave of relief settling over me.

We drive off and in about 10 minutes arrive to a mansion with streamers all over the place.Wasted teens making out on the front lawn; It was a mess. Once we park, I stumble out of the car, stepping on plastic cups along the way, slowly beginning to regret not staying home and watching Netflix by myself cuddled up in bed.

As I walk in, my lungs are immediately filled with the lingering smell of alcohol and sex. People grinding on the walls and trampled red cups scattered across the wood floors. Ugh, it was one of these parties.

I walked around with Mitch for 20 minutes until he sat me down and grabbed a beer. I frown.

"Camille, promise me you won't run into another wasted guy trying to fuck," Mitch says, taking a sip of his beer, "I don't want to deal with that again"

"Only if you promise to not drink," I reply, snatching the beer from his hand.

He groans, stares at me, but agrees, "promise."

I smile and follow him upstairs where people are sitting in a circle.

We join and I ask him what they're doing.

"7 minutes in heaven," Mitch says.

"I hate this game," I reply. It was a nightmare, I never knew who I'd end up with and especially in a party like this, I knew no one. No way was I playing this.