Chapter 1: I'm Claire.

That's Claire in the banner pic.
In case you didn't get the memo. 😂
I hope you enjoy my story!!

•°•°•°•°••°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•

   I turn the knob to the sink. I run my hands under the cold water. I sigh in relief. I look up at the mirror hanging on the wall in front of me.

"I can't believe I let them do this to me." I irritatedly laughed at myself. I examine the bruises on my jawline. The cut on my cheekbone and lip. My green eyes, bloodshot from all the crying.

Your wondering why and how I am in bad shape. I know you are. People always wonder why others are hurt, but never do anything about it. But I'll tell you anyway, so you don't get annoyed.

I'm Claire. A 17-year-old girl who attends Oakwood High in Sacramento, California. I live with a drunk lawyer, known as my father. And my older brother, Cole. My mom passed away when I was 13. Which made my dad go sideways.

He started drinking more and coming home late. Drunk as hell.

My brother moved out when I was 16. Me and Cole's relationship isn't that great. He never looked after me. Especially when dad started getting physical towards me. Cole just stayed in the background and watched it happen. He never bothered to stop him.

When Cole left me with dad, I got scared. Since the years past, my father got more grabby. When I did something he didn't like, he would hit me.
Beat me.

So I listened to him. I do whatever he wants. Buy groceries. Cook him food. Do his laundry. Ect.
I don't want to get hurt.

The school didn't make anything better either. It wasn't an easy get away from home. To tell you the truth. A school was worse than home. I've thought about dropping out. But I want to go to college so, that option is off the table.

People say life gets better. Does it take 5 years for it to get better? I don't have friends, I don't have a social life. I do have a phone but no one to call.

I trudge weights of stress and fear on my shoulders. Waiting for it to break off. And when it does, rivers flow from my eyes. Patiently waiting for my turn to leave.

But I'll stick around. I'll carry my pain. For as long as I can.

But what can I say? I'm pretty breakable.

×××××××××
WOOP WOOP I hope you enjoyed Chapter one! Cya!