Chapter 2: Brotherly Love?

That's what Cole looks like in the banner pic!

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I pull open the curtains in my room. The suns light poured in, making my pastel walls shimmer. My room wasn't big, but it also wasn't small. It was good enough space for me. I had my vanity, my TV, my bed, desk, etc. I'm lucky I at least have a room.

I looked out the window and saw that my dad's car was already gone. I smiled in relief. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized sweatshirt. I run to the bathroom and locked the door. I turned on the shower water and started stripping down.

I hopped in the tub closed the curtain. The warm water pranced on my skin I enjoyed the sweet silence other then droplets hitting the ground.

Minutes passed and I shut off the water. Propped myself on the bathroom floor. I get dressed and blow dried my hair. I eyed myself in the mirror. I sighed and exited this bathroom. I slipped on my white converse and grabbed my bookbag and phone.

"Not gonna eat today. No point." I mumble to myself as I trot downstairs.

I noticed a figure standing in the kitchen. I thought dad already left? I didn't see his car. I slowed down and kept quiet. I stepped closer and figured out who it was.

"Cole?" I choked out and started walking at a normal pace. I guess I have startled him because he flinched and shot his gaze to me.

"Hey" he smiled

"Uh, what ya doin here?" I approached the little island that was separating us.

"Dad said he wanted me to come over and tell you that he was going on a business trip. He left you some money for groceries and stuff." He crossed his arms

" how long will he be gone for?" I sighed. On the out side I act as if I don't care. But really, the joy of him being gone for a while was over flowing me.

"Uhm, about 3 weeks." Cole cleared his throat. Silence kept upon us for a while.

"That's it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" He tilts his head in confusion.

"I haven't seen you in 4 years Cole. 4 friggin years. I was at least expecting a 'how are you?' Or a 'how is everything?' " I leaned against the counter.

"I know. I'm sorry. I thought you didn't care." He looks at his shoes.

"I do. Do you?" My voice turned vague.

"What? Why would you say that? Your my little sister, of course I do." Cole started walking up to me.

" ya sure? You haven't asked me about these." I pointed at the half faded cuts and bruises on my face "oh wait, your just so used to seeing it that you wouldn't have realized it if it smacked you upside your head" I gently hit my temple in mock.

"Dad did it.. Didn't he...?" Coles voice whispered.

"Who else would've done it?" I crossed my arms. Cole didn't answer me, I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys. "Forget it. I gotta go." I walked out to my car and got in. Putting the car in ignition. I put it in reverse and pulled away.

×××××××××××××

HIHIHIHI

how are your thoughts on Cole so far? Huh? Huh?

Each time I introduce a new character, their picture will be in the top banner so always look for that each time you read a new chapter! 😘
:D Bye!!