Chapter 20 - unedited

September's

"Pa, saan po kayo pupunta ni Mama?"

They smiled and hugged me so tight, it is tight, so tight but it doesn't choke. But I feel warm and light. "We're going on a business trip."

"When are you going back?" I asked.

"We'll be back before you know it."

They hugged me again and gave me a kiss on my forehead, bidding goodbye and promises.

But...they never came back.

"Sep."

"A-aray, aray...aray naman! Avarice!" Reklamo ko nang halos ipasok niya yung daliri niya sa sugat ko. I glared at her and she just perfectly raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up. Ilang beses ka nang na-injured pero mukhang hindi ka pa rin sanay."

"Uh, hello. Hindi nakaka-immune 'yon." I sarcastically retorted. Bakit kasi habang tumatagal ay lalong gumagaspang ang ugali ng babaeng ito. "What if I got infected with your filthy finger?"

"Then I'll watch you die."

I glared at her. She's cruel sometimes. But I know she can't let me die.

"Good." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"What?"

"Wala," Umiling-iling siya. "Mabuti naman at matino ka na. Kanina ka pa kasi tulala."

Natahimik ako. "Kaya dinutdot mo yung tama ko?"

"You nailed it, best friend."

I sighed.

Naalala ko lang ang mga magulang ko. Yung huling alaala ko bago sila mawala. Mabuti nga't malinaw pa sa isip ko, eh, ang bata ko pa noon.

But I can't help feeling emotional. Kung siguro ay hindi na sila umalis, siguro iba ang kapalaran ko ngayon.

Maybe I'm not killing for a living. Maybe I'm living peacefully, without being chased by the authority. Maybe they'll be still alive. Maybe they'll be proud, watching me grow, and they will teach me everything I need to learn. Maybe they'll let me play and enjoy my childhood.

Maybe I'll be someone who isn't a she-devil.

Maybe...I'll be someone who deserves Sulli more.

Sulli...

Napayuko ako. What the fuck have I done? I made her fall for me, innocent with the fact of who I really am. I practically dragged her to my pit hell, and now she's bearing the responsibility she shouldn't have.

Sooner, alam ko, may makakapag-trace na sa akin. Kung sino ako. I made a really big mistake for being so fucking careless on that previous mission. If they ever find out my secret, they, for sure will dig deeper.

"Hey."

"Hm?" I looked at her. She's done cleaning my wound.

"You're aware of the mess you made, no?"

"I am." I whispered.

"And," Avarice glanced at my injured leg. She took a sit and crossed her legs. "You know you need to decide."

I made no answer. I don't know. I'm still uncertain. I can't leave everything behind and move forward. I know very well what Avarice meant when she said that I need to decide.

I need...to abandon...everything. Si Sulli, si Sydney, si Dexter.

Everything.

Kailangang mapalamig ang sitwasyon at linisin ang dapat linisin.