Chapter 25 - unedited

Sulli's

"I'm glad he's finally good."

Halos sabay kaming napabuntong-hininga ng Mom ko when I said those words. Nang ma-receive ko yung text niya ay hindi na ako nag-asaya ng oras. Sydney and I hurriedly went here in the hospital.

Speaking of...

"Mom?" I called. She gazed at me, only to avert her focus to the kid I'm holding right now. Realizing just by now, she frowned curiously. I exhale and inhale soundly. Maybe I need to tell her after all. "She's, uh, my daughter."

Shock is visible in her eyes as she stared at Sydney and then, her eyes met mine. Like, she can't believe what I just revealed. Because let's face it, who won't be surprise? "How...come?"

"Well," To my surprise, too, bigla akong nakaramdam ng kaba. Now it's getting in me, the aftermath of what I'm doing all this time since I met September. "I... I have a c-confession to make." I just answered because seriously, ang pangit kung sa hospital namin pag-uusapan lahat.

And I don't know if she'll gonna take it good since we're facing some problem right now. Having a father admitted in this place is kinda stressful. I held both of her shoulders and smiled, which is unusual of me to do when I'm with her.

"I'll promise to tell you once Dad's finally okay, as in literally."

She just nodded. "Seems like I didn't know anything about you since you decided to live part ways with us." I can sense the sadness in her voice but she shook it with an understanding smile. She looked at my daughter and waved her hand friendly. "Hello, dear, what's your name?"

As if the kid expected it, Syd smiled. "I'm Sydney, nice to meet you, uh..."

"Grandma," Mom said softly. Napatitig ako sa kanya. Hindi makapaniwala. Does it mean...

"Nice to meet you, Grandma!" Sydney, in excitement, quickly hugged her. Mom smiled genuinely and patted the little girl's back.

Mom looked at me. "Such a beautiful kid."

I nodded. Why does it feel like I want to...cry? Is this happiness? Because it feels really good and embarrassing at the same time.

--

Mabilis na bumalik sa normal ang kalagayan ni Dad. Nilabas na siya ng hospital, niresetahan ng gamot, at pinayuhang magpahinga pa ng mga ilang araw.

Since then, Sydney and I have been living here in my parent's house because Mom suggested so. Usually, tumatanggi talaga ako. I guess, I'm just in the good mood. Maganda na ring may nakakasama si Syd lalo na kung wala ako.

"So, is she your daughter?"

I looked at the man I'm with. Mas bata siya tingnan kumpara sa edad niya. Pero malaki ang ipinayat niya mula ng atakihin. "Yes, Dad."

"How come?"

Kasabay ng tanong niya ay ang pagdating naman ng Mom ko. Humawak siya sa balikat ng Dad ko bago ngumiti sa akin.

"About that...I have to tell you something. Dad, remember when I rejected the Adriatico guy?" He nodded. "Well, that's because I don't like him. That's obvious." I shrugged. "And because...I'm, I'm in love with someone else."

Nagkatinginan sila sa isa't isa, parang hindi makapaniwala.

"And who's the lucky man?" Mom asked.

"It's a she." I quickly replied. They did not react. "And she's Sydney's other Mom."

"You're a lesbian?" Dad asked. I can't read his emotion. Maging ang tono ng boses nito ay diretso.

"No."