Chapter 04

"Hey" Gracie smiles as finally Tristan opens his eyes to meet her.

He grumbles something before turning away and once again closing his eyes as it felt heavy and his whole body was aching as if someone beat him.

"Get up big boy, you need to eat and gather your strength" she smiles as she plays with his hair, as it had come to be a habit.

"Let me sleep, go away" he grumbles as he pushes her hand away from his hair and holds onto it.

"That is not going to happen, now get up eat something and then you can sleep all day long"

"No" he sighs and Gracie keeps quiet as she keeps smiling at the back of his head.

"What if the blood did not work Gracie?" he asks all of a sudden still facing away from her.

"There is no time for what ifs it worked and that is all we need"

"Do you have any idea what you have done?"

"Saved you from your nightmare"

Tristan finally turns to face her before slowly opening his eyes.

"We need to tell this to the council, your life will be in danger along with your family"

"No we don't what happened, happened that was between us no need to bring everyone in on our little secret, now please get up and eat something you threw up everything last night" she pleads caressing his face.

"Okay, just give me few minutes to freshen up"

"I will wait outside" she smiles as she walks out of the room.

*******

"I can eat" Tristan protests as she tries to feed him.

"I know, but I like feeding you" she smiles asking him to open his mouth and he does.

"How do you feel?" she asks in between his bites.

"Alive"

"TT"

"No really, I feel good thank you" he smiles as he ruffles her hair.

"You are welcome" she smiles as she picks up the empty bowls and walks towards the basin.

"So I called your office and told you are unwell, also I informed your parents that you are having a light fever but not to worry as I am here to look out for you...

And I few letters have arrived for you this morning and they are one the table even if I would suggest you check them some other time, they seemed important and anyway do they still send letters these days?" she laughs before turning around to find him staring at her with a smile.

"What?"

"Who ever marries you will be the luckiest man ever, sadly I will have no one to take care of me when I get sick and probably loose a friend like you"

"Then don't let me marry anyone," she states turning around once again.

"But that's the way things are, but no worries I still have few more years where I can be with you...

Ah damn I need to find someone soon" he grumbles.

"Are you seeing someone?" she asks as she washes the bowls.

"No, but some of my friends from the office has been trying to set me up with someone, been kind of busy anyway"

"So, does that mean you will think about it?"

"I am not getting younger and mom has been nagging she needs grand kids soon while she is fit so she can spoil them" he chuckles.

"Oh, must be quiet nice about thinking of having kids with some other woman"

"Yeah, I mean I will have to settle down but I need to find a girl first"

"Umm-hmm, so, tell me what kind of woman you want as your wife?" she asks as she turns to face him.

"I have not thought about it" he smiles shyly rubbing the back of his head.

"You must have thought about her at some point because I know who I want"

"Oh who is he?"

"An idiot"

"Oh, did he hurt you?" Tristan asks as a frown forms in his forehead.

"He does not know I love him"

"Then you are the idiot, how can he know he is hurting you if you have not even confessed him yet"

"What if he rejects me?"

"Oh come on, no one can reject you, now you are being foolish" he laughs.

"Enough about my idiot, do tell me what sort of woman do you see yourself with?" she asks again as she slowly makes her way towards him.

*******

"Someone loving and caring I guess, she does not have to be super beautiful but she definitely should have a beautiful heart...

Guess, I do not know. But I am sure I will know when I see her, I mean yeah" he smiles flustered while Gracie keeps staring at him.

"I love you," she states making him stare at her.

"I love you too," he laughs as he gets up from his seat.

"No. I am in love with you, you are the idiot I am talking about" she states as she pushes him right back on his chair.

"Gracie...what?"

"I have been in love with you for years so do I have all of the qualities that you want in your wife?" she asks and he stares at her dumbstruck.

"Is this a joke?"

"No, I am putting my heart out for you"

"Fuck" Tristan curses as he pushes his fingers through his hair.

"When, how...fuck Gracie, you are...I am your cousin" he shouts before getting up from his seat as he paces back and forth while Gracie sits on the seat shocked.

"We are not blood..."

"Oh do shut up Gracie, fuck," Tristan shouts as he cannot believe what he was hearing.

"Why can you not see me as...?"

"Don't...don't even go there Gracie, do you have any idea how fucked up this is? You parents trust me...

I am fucking older than you not just by mere years but by twelve fucking years and we are cousins, fuck," he shouts and Gracie feels something break inside of her.

"We are not related by blood," she shouts at once.

"Blood or not the truth is I don't love you in that way, I have never looked at you in any other way than as my sister and the outcome to this will never be good...

You are too young to understand, your feelings will change one day and then you will see how stupid this looks and sound okay...

I am going to go take some rest may be last night events have shocked you and you are just not in your right mind...

Let never talk about this okay, you should go home, you have been here from last night" he finalizes as he hurries away from the room leaving her staring at nothing but emptiness.